The most epic Vegan Funfetti Sheet Cake, perfect for a birthday party for fun occasion!
Ingredients for the cake
- 480ml of dairy-free milk
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 420g of self-raising flour
- 200g of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 120g of vegetable oil / melted coconut oil
- 40g of vegan sprinkles
Ingredients for the frosting
- 140g of dairy-free butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 400g of icing sugar
- Pink food gel (optional)
- Vegan sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c and line a 9X13 inch deep rectangular cake pan with grease-proof paper.
- In a bowl, combine the dairy-free milk with the apple cider vinegar and whisk until fully combined. Set aside for 10 minutes to curdle. This creates a vegan ‘buttermilk’.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix well to combine.
- Add the oil into the ‘buttermilk’ and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Gently fold in the sprinkles. Don’t over mix them or they will bleed their colour.
- Pour the batter into the lined cake pan. Make sure to tap the tin on the worktop to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the cake into the center of the preheated oven and bake for around 28-30 minutes or until golden brown.You will know it is done when you put a knife or skewer in and it comes out clean and it’s springy to the touch.
- Place the cake on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully.
- Once cool, pop it into a sealed container to keep fresh before frosting.
- In a bowl/stand mixer, cream the butter on high until light and fluffy, then add in the icing sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add a drop of pink food gel to make the buttercream a light pink colour (optional).
- Spread the frosting over the top of the cake, using a spatula or spoon to create a swirly effect.
- Scatter sprinkles all over the top of the frosting.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Serve fresh or store in a sealed container in the fridge.
To store: Store the cake in a sealed container in the fridge. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Best enjoyed 3 days of making.
- Cook Time: 28-30 minutes
- Category: Cakes and layer cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: funfetti cake, birthday cake, vegan funfetti cake, funfetti sheet cake, vegan funfetti sheet cake