These homemade Vegan Crinkle Brownies are rich and melt in your mouth!
- 80g of coconut oil
- 155g of dairy-free chocolate
- 100ml of chickpea brine (aquafaba)
- 120g of caster sugar
- 120g of plain flour
- 10g of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 100g of dairy-free chocolate chips
- 10 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees c and line a 9″ square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Make sure the paper overhangs the tin.This makes it easier to remove the brownie later on.
- In a small saucepan, add in the coconut oil and chocolate, over low heat, stir, melt together then set aside.
- Add the aquafaba into a large mixing bowl and whip up until frothy. This will take around 5 minutes on high speed if using a stand mixer with a balloon whisk attachment / electric hand whisk. I use a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
- Add in the sugar a little at a time whilst the mixer is still whipping. After around 5 minutes with the sugar incorporating, the mixture should turn thick and glossy. Pour in the melted chocolate mixture and whip to incorporate.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda. Mix until fully combined, then fold in the chocolate chips and broken up Oreo cookies. Fold together.
- Pour the brownie batter into the lined tin and level off with an offset spatula or spoon, making sure to get into the edges of the tin.
- Place into the middle of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Check to see if they’re ready to come out of the oven by inserting a skewer into the middle of the brownie, if only a few moist crumbs remain on the skewer, it’s ready.
- TIP- You’ll need to allow the brownie to cool fully before removing it from the tin and slicing. If you take it out of the tin before it’s cool, it will be very crumbly and you’ll probably need a spoon to eat it, haha.
- My TOP serving suggestion for these brownies is to allow them to cool fully in the tin, then place the tin in the fridge for an hour before slicing and serving. It binds the brownie together and makes it ultra fudgy.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge. They’ll firm up in the fridge due to the coconut oil, so allow them to stand at room temperature and 30 minutes before serving.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Vegan crinkle brownies, brownies