How to make quick, easy and delicious mincemeat pastry pops. Perfect for the festive season!
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 jar of vegan friendly mincemeat
- Caster sugar
- Icing sugar (for dusting)
- Dairy-free milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan and line 2 large baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Unroll the pastry sheet leaving in baking paper. Use a rolling pin to slightly flatten out any wrinkles in the pastry.
- Using festive cookie cutters or festive homemade templates, cut out your shapes. Roll out the scraps to cut out a few more shapes.
- Transfer these pastry shapes to the refrigerator while you cut out the other sheet.
- Lay some wooden / food grade sticks on the grease proof paper. Now place half of the shapes on top of the sticks, spaced evenly apart. These will puff up slightly in the oven. Having the sticks will crate the ‘pops’. If you wanted regular ‘hand held pastry parcels’, leave out the sticks.
- Fill the center of each shape with a tablespoon of the mincemeat / your chosen filling, leaving a small border around the edge. Press a coordinating shape on top.
- Dip a fork in some flour and crimp the edges of the pastry together (watch the tutorial here). This prevents the filling from oozing out when baking.
- Brush the top of each pastry with some dairy-free milk, and sprinkle over some sugar.
- Place the tray one at a time in the oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden in colour.
- Once fully baked, remove the tray from the oven and place the other tray in to bake and repeat.
- Serve with a dusting of icing sugar.
Storing: Store these pastry pops in a sealed container out of the fridge. Best enjoyed day of making, but can be stored for 2 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: christmas recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Christmas recipes
Keywords: mincemeat, mince pie, christmas baking, christmas recipes, pastry, pastry pops