Layers of flakey puff pastry filled with dairy-free whipped cream, fresh strawberries and strawberry jam. A summer classic!
- 2 sheets of vegan puff pastry ( I use Jus-Rol which is also gluten-free)
- 180ml of dairy-free whipping cream
- 1 punnet of fresh strawberries
- 1 jar of strawberry jam
- Icing sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan, and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Unroll the sheets of puff pastry, slice into 4 inch by 3 inch rectangles. Place onto a lined baking tray. Spread them out as the pastry will puff up.
- Brush the pastries with dairy-free milk and sprinkle over some caster sugar. This is optional but helps the pastry turn a gorgeous golden brown.
- Place into the middle of the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden in colour. Once ready, remove the tray from the oven. Allow the pastries to cool on the tray before transferring them onto a cooling track to cool fully before filling.
- Place the dairy-free whipping cream into a bowl and whip up until thick. I use a stand mixer with balloon whisk attachment. You can use a hand whisk but it will take longer. Transfer the cream into a piping bag fitted with a star-tip nozzle.
- Cut the strawberries into thin slices, then place onto some kitchen paper to soak up any excess moisture.
- Slice the pastries in half horizontally. Spread some strawberry jam over one half of the pastries.
- Pipe 3 large stars of cream on-top of the jam, then lay on some strawberry slices.
- Place the other half of the pastry rectangle on top.
- Dust the pastries with a generous dusting of icing sugar. Top with a mint sprig (optional)
- Serve and enjoy.
To store: Best enjoyed day of making. Store in the fridge before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Category: Tarts and pies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: strawberries and cream, pastries, vegan puff pastry