These blondies are chewy, filled with white chocolate and melt in your mouth. This is the BEST Vegan Blondie recipe ever!
Ingredients for the vegan blondie
- 230g of dairy-free butter (softened)
- 340g of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 120g of nut butter*
- 280g of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour / cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 180g of dairy-free white chocolate
- Icing sugar (to dust)
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and line a 9×9 loose base / push up tin with grease proof paper. Make sure the paper is hanging over the sides of the tin.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the softened butter, sugar and vanilla. Whisk on high speed until pale and fluffy. You can use a stand mixer with paddle attachment or a bowl with wooden spoon (it will just take a little longer).
- Add in the nut butter and whisk to incorporate. Mix until everything is fully combined and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cornstarch/cornflour into a sieve and sift into the butter mixture.
- Mix everything together until a dough forms. It will resemble vanilla cookie dough.
- Chop up the white chocolate and add it into the bowl. Mix to combine.
- Transfer the blondie mixture into the lined tin. Use a spatula or spoon to flatten the mixture down so its level.
- Press white chocolate chips./ chunks over the top of the blondie before baking.
- Place into the middle of the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the blondie is golden in colour and the edges are crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow the blondie to cool in the tin. This will help the blondie to be fudgey when it’s cool.
- Lift the blondie out of the tin using the paper slings and place on a flat surface or on a chopping board.
- Using a sharp, secreted knife, cut the blondies into squares.
- Dust with icing sugar (optional) and serve.
To store: Store the blondies in a sealed container in the fridge, and allow to come to room temperature before serving. Best enjoyed within 4 days of making.
What nut butter to use? Any nut butter will work perfectly. My favourites are cashew butter and smooth peanut butter.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Category: brownies and bars
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blondies, vegan blondie, white chocolate brownies