These adorable mini vegan pumpkin pies are a great way to take advantage of the delicious seasonal fruits and spiced in Autumn. They’re easy to make and are the perfect treat if you’re celebrating bonfire night, Thanksgiving, or even just a cozy Autumnal day.
Ingredients for the base
- 160g of plain biscuits
- 100g of dairy-free block butter / margarine
Ingredients for the pumpkin filling
- 120g of pumpkin puree
- 70g of coconut cream
- 70g of light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour / cornstarch
Ingredients for the topping
- 150g of dairy-free whipping cream
- Ground cinnamon (for dusting)
- Line a cupcake tin with 6 cupcake liners, set aside and pre-heat oven to 180°C degrees c fan.
- Crumble the biscuits into a blender and blitz until you have fine crumbs.
- Add the dairy-free butter into a saucepan, heat on low until melted. Add the melted butter into the biscuits and pulse again to combine.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of buttery biscuit base into each cupcake case, and compact with something flat, like the base of a small glass or rolling pin. You want the mixture to go up the sides of the case, creating a cup shape for the pie filling to sit in.
Method (pumkin pie filling)
- Add all of the pumpkin pie ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk with a hand whisk until smooth. Alternatively, add it into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the cases. Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes. You’ll know they’re baked when they’re shiny on top and the filling feels firm to the touch (it should wiggle slightly).
- Once baked, remove from the oven allow to cool fully before topping.
- In a stand mixer or bowl with an electric hand whisk, whisk the dairy-free whipping cream until soft peaks. Make sure the pies are 100% cool before adding on the cream. Transfer into a piping bag fitted with a round tip nozzle, then pipe a bulb on top of each pie.
- Dust each pie with a light sprinkle of ground cinnamon. I added on a shortcrust pastry leaf for decoration which is completely optional.
To store: Store the pies in a sealed container in the fridge, allow to come to room temperature before serving. Best eaten within 3 days of making.
Coconut Cream: Use the thick white cream from a can of coconut cream. Place a tin of full fat coconut cream in the fridge overnight, open the tin upside down and scrape out the thick cream.
What dairy-free whipping cream to use? My favourites are the ‘Elmlea Plant Based Alternative Cream’, or ‘The Coconut Collaborative Double Cream’.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Category: Tarts and pies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie, mini vegan pumpkin pie, pumpkin