Learn how to make Mini Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecakes with a buttery biscuit base, spiced pumpkin cheesecake filling topped with a cream pumpkin. They’re vegan, easy to make and no-bake! Perfect for Halloween, Autumn and any time!
Ingredients for the base
- 100g of plain biscuits (you can use gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon of mixed all spice
- 50g of dairy-free butter / margarine
Ingredients for the filling
- 125g of cashew nuts (see step 1)
- 250g of vegan cream cheese
- 75g of icing sugar
- 50g of coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon of ground pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin purée
- 50ml of Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew
Ingredients for the cream pumpkin
- 100ml of good quality dairy-free whipping cream
- A drop of orange food gel
- Add the dairy-free butter / margarine into a small saucepan, place on the hob and heat over low until fully melted. Remove from the heat and add into a medium sized, heat-proof mixing bowl.
- Add the biscuits and mixed spice into a blender / food processor and blend until fine. Pour the spiced biscuit crumbs into the melted butter and stir together using a wooden spoon or spatula. It should resemble wet sand, and when you press it between your fingers, should hold its shape. Press approximately 1 & 1/2 tablespoon of mixture into each cookie cup tin, making sure to compact it in using clean hands. The more compact it is, the less likely it will crumble.
- Place into the freezer whilst you make the filling.
Method (cheesecake filling)
- The cashew nuts will need to be soaked overnight in water. See notes (at the bottom of the recipe card) for more details.
- Drain the cashew nuts from the water and place them into a food processor/blender along with the dairy-free cream cheese, icing sugar, coconut cream, pumpkin spice, mixed spice, pumpkin purée and Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice. Whizz up on high speed for around 5 minutes until smooth. Add some more coconut cream if needed. I use a ‘Kitchenaid Powerplus blender’. It’s best to use a high-speed blender if possible as the mixture is quite thick, and you want it as smooth as possible. You might need to stop the mixture a few times and scrape down the sides to make sure everything is incorporated and smooth.
- Equally pour the mixture into each tin, making sure to tap the cheesecakes onto the worktop to remove any air bubbles.
- Place into the fridge overnight to set.
- Once set, remove from the fridge, and push out the cheesecake (as the base is loose bottomed). To make it easier, place the tin into the freezer for 15 minutes to help firm up the cheesecakes, then slide a knife around the edges of the cheesecakes to help loosen them from the tin. Making the cheesecakes firmer will help push them out the tin and won’t damage them.
- Whip up the dairy-free whipping cream in a stand mixer with balloon whisk attachment. Whip this for a few minutes to thicken, then add in a drop of orange food gel. Whip this for 5-8 minutes on high speed until thick. You’ll want to use a thick cream which will hold it’s shape (my favourite is The Coconut Collaborative).
- Transfer the thick cream into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip nozzle and pipe a high peaked bulb on top of each cheesecake.
- To create the pumpkin ‘stalk’ cut up a chocolate bar ( I used Vegan KitKats) and place a little bit of the chocolate in the top of the orange pumpkin.
- Serve on a side plate with a spoon, and a delicious glass of Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew. Enjoy!
To store: Store in the fridge. Best eaten within 2-3 days of making.
Cashew nuts: The cashew nuts need to be soaked overnight in water. Just make sure the water is covering the nuts! This makes them softer, which creates a grain-free and smooth cheesecake filling.
Cream cheese: To be honest, any dairy-free cream cheese will work perfectly in this recipe. My favourites to use are: ‘Violife Cream Original’, Sainsbury’s own Free From Cream Cheese’. Any soft, and creamy cream cheese is great!
Coconut cream: Chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight, turn it upside down and open. Pour out the liquid and use the thick, white cream.
- Prep Time: Overnight
- Category: Cheesecakes
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mini pumpkin cheesecakes, pumpkin cheesecake, no bake pumpkin cheesecake,