These Vegan Peanut Butter Spider Cookies are a cute and chocolatey Halloween treat! They are easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes.
Ingredients for the cookies
- 115g of dairy-free butter (cubed)
- 40g of peanut butter
- 140g of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 30ml of dairy-free milk
- 210g of plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
Ingredients for the spiders
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan and line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Add the butter, peanut butter, caster sugar into a mixing bowl or the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Whip with a hand mixer or the stand mixer until light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and milk. Whip again until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 8 balls using spoons or an ice-cream scoop.
- Roll the cookies in the granulated sugar.
- Place the cookies on the lined tray, pressing them down slightly, leaving room in between as they will spread when baking.
- Transfer 4 tablespoons of peanut butter into a piping bag, snip off the tip and pipe equal amounts of the peanut butter down the middle of the cookies.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Once baked, remove the trays from the oven, use a round cookie cutter to help shape the cookies. Use the cookie cutter to scoot the cookies into a circle.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray.
- Place the chocolate into a heat-proof bowl. Fill a small saucepan 1/4 with water and place over the hob on a low / medium heat. Place the bowl on-top to create a bain-marie. Melt the chocolate and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the chocolate into a piping bag, snip off the tip.
- Pipe a blob of chocolate into the middle of the cookie and stick on a vegan peanut butter cup. Pipe 6 lines, three either side of the peanut butter cup to resemble the spiders legs.
- Pipe a two small dots of chocolate to the top of the peanut butter cup and stick on the googley eyes.
- Serve and enjoy!
To store: Store in a sealed container in the fridge and allow to come to room temperature before serving. Best enjoyed within 3 days of making.
What dairy-free butter to use? My favourite dairy-free, vegan butters are Naturli Vegan Block, Flora Plant Based Alternative and Violife Vioblock.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Halloween baking, halloween, halloween cookies, spider cookies, peanut butter, peanut butter cookies, peanut butter spider cookies