These Gluten-free Vegan Brownies are super fudgey, gooey & have gorgeous crinkly tops! Free from oil, dairy and eggs! They can be made in minutes!
- 100ml of room temperature water
- 60g of ground flaxseed
- 260g of caster sugar
- 300g of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 160g of dairy-free butter / margarine
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 210g of gluten-free plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 80g of cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C Fan and line a 8×8 inch square baking tin with grease proof paper.
- In a small bowl, add in the flaxseeds and water, stir to combine then set aside for 10 minutes. It will thicken and turn jelly-like.
- Fill a small saucepan 1/4 full with water and place on the hob over medium heat. Add 3/4 of the dairy-free chocolate into a heat proof bowl. Place the bowl over the pan, creating a bain-marie. Allow the chocolate to melt, stirring with a heat proof spatula. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Add the dairy-free butter / margarine into a saucepan and melt. Pour in the sugar and whisk with a hand whisk to combine. Pour the butter and sugar mixture into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the flax ‘egg’ into the butter and sugar, along with the melted chocolate and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, baking powder and gluten-free flour. Fold the batter together until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the lined tin, top with the remaining 1/4 chopped chocolate and bake for 25-28 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
- Once cool, transfer into the fridge to set the chocolate fully. You can enjoy it warm in a bowl with some ice-cream or allow to set up in the fridge for a firmer, fudgey brownie.
To store: Store the brownies in the fridge in a sealed container. Best enjoyed within a week of making.
When these brownies come out of the oven, they’ll be super gooey in the middle. Allow them to cool completely for about 2-4 hours, before you slice into them to give them a chance to set up. They’ll continue to firm up the longer they’re out of the oven. If you still prefer a firmer brownie, store them in the fridge.
Serving option: Sprinkle some sea salt over the brownies before serving. So delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Category: Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Gluten-free vegan, gluten-free brownies, brownies, brownie recipe, vegan brownies, gluten-free vegan brownies