These delicious Vegan Strawberry Cream Danishes are perfect for Valentines Day breakfast. They are sure to put a smile on your loved ones face!
- 1 –2 sheets of puff pastry (I use JusRol Vegan + Gluten-free Puff Pastry)
- 130g of dairy-free cream cheese
- 15g of gluten-free / plain flour (depending if you are making them gluten-free)
- 15g of caster sugar + extra for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons of dairy-free milk
- Fresh strawberries
Method (puff pastry)
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan and line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Unroll the pastry sheet leaving the baking paper underneath. This will prevent sticking. Use a rolling pin to slightly flatten out any wrinkles in the pastry. Dust over some plain flour if the pastry is too sticky.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to chomp out the shapes and place on a tin lined with greaseproof paper. Place a smaller sized heart-shaped cookie cutter into the middle of the larger heart and press down gently. You don’t want to chomp it out, but make an indention into the pastry. Set aside while you make the cream cheese filling.
Method (cream cheese)
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, flour and sugar. The mixture should be thick and creamy. Transfer the filling mixture into a piping bag and snip off the tip. If you don’t have a piping bag, simply spoon the filling onto the pastry.
- Wash and slice some fresh strawberries and add a few slices on top of the cream cheese.
- Brush some dairy-free milk over the edges of the pastry hearts. Sprinkle some sugar to help the pastry brown in the oven.
- Place the tray into the middle of the oven and bake in pastries for 10-15 minutes or until golden in colour and flakey.
- Once fully baked, remove the tray from the oven and place the other tray in to bake and repeat.
- Allow to cool slightly, then serve with a dusting of icing sugar.
Storing: Store the pastries in a sealed container in the fridge, allow to come to room temperature before enjoying. Best served day of making. Best eaten 2 days of making.
Where to buy puff pastry sheets? I use Jus-Roll which is available from most supermarkets and online including Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Ocado and ASDA for example.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Category: Pastry
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Vegan Danish, Strawberry cream danish, gluten-free, pastry, puff pastry, valentines baking, valentines recipe