Thin, delicate and perfect for filling, these delicious gluten-free, vegan and 4 ingredient crêpes are the best breakfast treat!
Ingredients for the vegan crêpes
- 250g of gluten-free plain flour (you can use regular plain flour)
- 35g of caster sugar
- 520ml of dairy-free milk (soya works best)
- 20ml of sunflower oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Caster sugar
- Vegan ‘Nutella’
- Fresh berries
Method (vegan crêpes)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in the flour, sugar, dairy-free milk and oil. Whisk to combine and break up any lumps. The batter will be thinner than a regular pancake mixture, but should be slightly thick and pourable. Set aside for 15 minutes. This resting period will help the batter thicken.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a medium sized non-stick frying pan.
- Once it’s nice and hot, pour or scoop the batter into the pan (approximately 3 / 4 tablespoons worth of batter) for each crêpe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter thins out to coat the pan evenly.
- Cook for around 1-3 minutes on one side. You know it’s ready to flip the crêpe when the underside is getting crispy and unsticks by itself. You can then loosen the sides of the crêpe with a heat proof spatula and flip it to the other side and cook.
- Once ready, flip out onto your serving plate and serve with your desired toppings. Repeat for the rest of the crêpe batter.
- You can go crazy with the serving options with crêpes. You can serve them with a simple lemon and sugar duo or go all out with a vegan ‘Nutella’ drizzle, fresh fruit and a dusting of icing sugar.
To store: These crêpes are best served and enjoyed immediately. Serve them warm for the best crêpe experience! If you leave them to cool, they will become slightly soft & chewy.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: basics
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan crepes, crêpes, vegan crêpes, pancakes, vegan pancakes