These Vegan Biscoff Linzer Cookies have Biscoff spread sandwiched between two buttery biscuits and decorated into adorable bears! Perfect for Valentines Day!
Ingredients for the biscuit
- 250g of plain flour
- 20g of ground almonds
- 60g of caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 170g of dairy-free block butter (chilled)
- 30ml of dairy-free milk
Ingredients for the filling
- Smooth / crunchy Biscoff spread (see method for details)
- Dairy-free dark chocolate (for the bear details)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift in the flour, ground almonds sugar, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add in vanilla, chilled dairy-free butter and milk. Use clean hands to mix everything together until you have a smooth dough formed.
- Form the dough into a flat disk (this will make it easier for rolling out), wrap in a grease proof paper and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out using a rolling pin, to about 0.6 inch thick.
- Use a scalloped or round (5cm) cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. Place on the lined baking tray. Use the larger end of the piping nozzle to chomp out a large round circle from the middle of half of the cookies. Then use the smaller end to chomp out two circles above that to create the ears for the bear shape (refer to images for reference). You can gather up all the excess dough and roll out to make more cookies.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sugar (optional), then place in the middle of the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely before filling them, which takes approximately 20-25 minutes.
Method (filling and decoration)
- Using a spoon, knife of piping bag, spread/pipe a teaspoon or two of Biscoff spread to the bottom cookie, and press a cookie with the bear cut out on top. You should see the Biscoff spread peeking through.
- Fill a small saucepan 1/4 full with water and place on the hob over medium heat. Add the dairy-free chocolate into a heat proof bowl. Place the bowl over the pan, creating a bain-marie. Allow the chocolate to melt, stirring with a heat proof spatula. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Transfer the chocolate into a piping bag, snip off the tip and pipe on a nose and two dots for the eyes. Place in the fridge to set then tuck in and enjoy!
To store: Store the cookies in a sealed container and allow to come to room temperature before serving. Best enjoyed within 4-5 days of making! Un-filled biscuits can be left at room temperature in a sealed container and best enjoyed within 3 days of making.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Vegan Linzer Cookies, Linzer cookies, biscoff, easy recipe, valentines baking, valentines recipes