These cookies are soft, chewy, delicious and adorable! Make some cute and cuddly vegan teddy bear oatmeal cookies and cozy up with all the warm spices and comforting texture, perfect for Valentines Day!
- 120g of caster sugar
- 25g of light brown sugar
- 115g of dairy-free butter
- 35ml of dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 100g of plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 200g of whole or rolled oats
- 20g of dairy-free dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan and line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper. Set aside.
- Add the sugars, butter and milk into a bowl and cream together. You can do this either in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or using a hand held whisk. Beat until creamy.
- Once light and creamy, sieve in the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, flour and cinnamon. Fold in the oats. Check its the right consistency but picking up some of the mixture and rolling it into a ball. It should be able to form a sticky ball. If not and it feels too dry and crumbly, add in a splash more dairy-free milk until you can roll it into sticky balls.
- Create the bear shape by rolling a larger ball (50g) and two smaller balls for the ears (8g each) and a smaller ball for the nose (5g). Press them together to create the bear shape (refer to photos for reference).
- Place the bears onto the lined baking tray. Press the cookies down slightly.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown in colour and the edges are crisp.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool fully on the baking tray. They will be soft when first out of the oven but will firm up to the perfect chewy oatmeal cookie texture when cooled.
Method (chocolate details)
- Fill a small saucepan 1/4 full with water and place on the hob over medium heat. Add the dairy-free chocolate into a heat proof bowl. Place the bowl over the pan, creating a bain-marie. Allow the chocolate to melt, stirring with a heat proof spatula. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Transfer the chocolate into a piping bag, snip off the tip and pipe one two eyes and a nose (refer to images for reference). You can place the cookies in the fridge to set the chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!
To store: Store the cookies in a sealed / air tight container in the fridge and allow to come to room temperature before enjoying. Enjoyed within 5 days of making.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal cookies, vegan oatmeal cookies, valentines baking, valentines cookies