Vegan Mini Egg Cookies. A thick cookie packed with chocolate chunks & crushed vegan mini eggs. Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
- 120g of dairy-free block butter (softened)
- 150g of caster sugar
- 20g of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 300g of plain flour
- 50ml of dairy-free milk
- 80g of dairy-free chocolate chunks
- 150g of vegan mini eggs
- Line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper, set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the vegan butter, sugars and vanilla, beat until pale and creamy. I use my stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Sift in the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and plain flour. Beat until combined.
- Gradually add in the vegan milk until the cookie dough is formed.
- Add in the vegan chocolate and mini eggs (some whole, and some chopped) and mix until distributed well!
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls (approximately 50g each). Place them on a tray and place into the freezer for 30 minutes – 1 hour until firm.
- Once the cookies are firm, preheat oven to 180ºC fan.
- Place the cookies on the lined baking tray, top with some more chocolate chunks and mini eggs (optional). The cookies will spread so make sure to give them enough room!
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are crisp and golden in colour.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the tray. As they contain butter and chocolate, they needs to cool down for the cookies to set.
- Serve and enjoy!!
To store: Store the cookies in a sealed container in the fridge up to 4 days. Allow to come to room temperature before enjoying. They can also be stored at room temperature for 2 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easter cookies, easter baking, mini eggs, vegan mini egg cookies