A delicious no-bake vegan banoffee cheesecake with a buttery biscuit base, gooey caramel, fresh banana, banana cheesecake and whipped cream swirls.
Ingredients for the base
- 200g of plain biscuits (you can use gluten-free to make this cheesecake gluten-free)
- 100g of dairy-free butter / margarine
Ingredients for the filling
- 140g of cashew nuts (see step 1 for instruction)
- 340g of dairy-free cream cheese
- 50g of coconut cream
- 80g of icing sugar
- 1 medium sized banana
- Vegan caramel sauce (store bought or homemade)
Ingredients for the toppings
- Fresh banana
- 80ml of dairy-free whipping cream
- Vegan caramel sauce (links above)
- Line an 8” loose base / spring-form round cake tin with grease-proof paper. Set aside.
- Add the dairy-free butter / margarine into a small saucepan, place on the hob and heat over low until fully melted. Remove from the heat and add into a medium sized, heat-proof mixing bowl.
- Add the biscuits into a blender / food processor and blend until fine. Pour the biscuit crumbs into the melted butter and stir together using a wooden spoon or spatula. It should resemble wet sand, and when you press it between your fingers, should hold its shape.
- Press the mixture into the lined tin, making sure to compact it using clean hands. The more compact it is, the less likely it will crumble. Place into the fridge whilst you make the banana cheesecake filling.
Ingredients for the filling
- Before making this cheesecake, you’ll want to soak the cashew nuts in a bowl of warm water overnight. This will make the cashews softer and easier to blend.
- Wash the drain the cashew nuts and place them into a high speed blender along with all of the filling ingredients. Blend on high until smooth. This will take around 5 minutes. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides a few times to ensure everything gets fully blended.
- Pour the cheesecake into the tin on top of the base, use a spoon or off set spatula to level it out. Tap the tin on the worktop to remove any air bubbles and to level out. Optional: Swirl some caramel sauce into the cheesecake filling.
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge and allow to sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight to fully set. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s firm to the touch.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the vegan whipping cream and whip on high speed until thick and it holds a peak. It’s best to use an electric hand or stand mixer with balloon whisk attachment for this. Once thick, transfer into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip nozzle.
- Pour caramel over the top of the cheesecake and level out with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Pipe swirls of cream around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Slice some fresh banana and add the slices in between the cream swirls.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the cheesecake into slices, serve and enjoy. Tip: wipe the knife in between cuts, this will result in clean slices of cheesecake.
- Slice and enjoy!!!
To store: Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Best enjoyed within 3 days of making.
Add the banana on top of the cheesecake just before serving or the banana will turn brown if left out for too long.
If you’re wanting to make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free biscuits and make sure to triple check your ingredients to be certain they are free from any gluten or cross contamination.
- Prep Time: Overnight
- Category: cheesecakes
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: banoffee, banoffee cheesecake, no-bake cheesecake, no-bake banoffee cheesecake