The BEST Vegan White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins, soft, chewy and gooey with super high domed tops!
Ingredients for the streusel
- 30g of all purpose / plain flour
- 50g of whole oats
- 40g of caster sugar
- 80g of dairy-free butter
Ingredients for the muffins
- 6 teaspoons of ground flaxseed + 6 teaspoons of water
- 370g of plain flour / all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 180g of caster / coconut sugar
- 60g of dairy-free plain / vanilla yogurt (you can use natural sugar / sugar free)
- 20g of Natures Charm Condensed Oat Milk
- 115g of dairy-free butter ( room temperature)
- 300ml of unsweetened dairy-free milk (room temperature)
- 80g of dairy-free white chocolate chips
- 150g of fresh raspberries (see notes for details)
- 2 tablespoons of raspberry jam (for the swirl)
- Natures Charm Coconut Custard
- Icing sugar (for sprinkling)
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour, oats and sugar.
- Add in the room temperature butter and use a fork to mix and claw the ingredients together until combined but still clumpy. Don’t over-mix or the streusel will become like a soft paste, simply toss together until mixture is clumpy, no longer dry, and the flour is completely combined. Set aside while you make the muffin mixture. I prefer to make the streusel the day before and store in the fridge in a sealed container.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan and line a 6 cup jumbo muffin tin with muffin liners. Refer to notes for other options.
- In a small bowl combine the ground flaxseed with the water, stir until a paste and set aside. This will turn thick and jelly like.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sieve in the flour, baking powder and sugar. Mix to break up any lumps.
- In a separate bowl, add in the yogurt, condensed milk, room temperature butter and milk. Mix to combine. Pour the wet into the dry and mix until just incorporated. Don’t over-mix!
- Fold in the chopped white chocolate and flour dusted raspberries. Lightly fold as you don’t want to over-mix the batter and burst the berries.
- Using an ice-cream scoop or spoon, divide the mixture between the cases. Make sure the batter reaches the top of the liners.
- Swirl raspberry jam to the top of each muffin, use a tooth-pick or skewer to swirl it in.
- Sprinkle a good amount of the streusel on top of each muffin, making sure the tops are covered.
- Place into the middle of the oven and bake for 12 minutes at 180°C fan. After 12 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 160°C fan and bake for a further 16-18 minutes, or until the skewer / toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffins come out clean.
- Remove the muffins the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the tin on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, poke a hole down the middle of the muffin and pipe in some vegan custard (this is optional but absolutely delicious!).
- Dust with a sprinkle of icing sugar, peel away the cases, serve and enjoy.
To store: The raspberry muffins are best eaten on the day of baking, but they can be kept in an airtight / sealed container in a cool dry place for up to 3 days. They will go super moist! Leave at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
If you don’t have a large / jumbo muffin tin, you can bake them in a cupcake tin with muffin / cupcake cases. They just won’t be as big or impressive with the domed top. You can also buy jumbo muffin tins on Amazon, linked here.
How to prepare the raspberries: Add the raspberries into a bowl, coat with a few teaspoons of flour. Make sure they are fully coated.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: muffins
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Vegan muffins, breakfast muffins, vegan white chocolate and raspberry muffins, easy recipes