This is the BEST Vegan Lemon Loaf recipe! You just need to make it for yourself to find out!
Ingredients for the cake
- 275g of self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 195g of caster sugar
- Zest of 1 medium / large lemon
- 100ml of sunflower oil
- 170g of water
- Juice of 1 medium / large lemon
Ingredients for the cream cheese frosting
- 2 tablespoons of dairy-free butter
- 2 tablespoons of dairy-free cream cheese (I use Violife)
- 300g of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c and line a loaf tin with a liner or greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, water and lemon juice.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until combined, then pour evenly into the lined tin.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. You will know its done when you put a knife or skewer in and it comes out clean and it is springy to the touch.
- Place the loaf on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully before frosting.
Method (cream cheese frosting)
- Add the dairy-free butter and cream cheese into a large bowl and cream together. I use my stand mixer with the balloon whisk attachment.
- Add in the icing sugar and vanilla extract then beat together until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the frosting on top of the lemon loaf and even out with a spoon or spatula.
- Serve with a sprinkling of lemon zest (optional) Serve fresh and store in a sealed container in the fridge.
To store: Store this cake in a sealed container in the fridge, and allow to come to room temperature before enjoying. Best eaten within 3 days of making.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Cakes and layer cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan lemon loaf, lemon loaf, lemon cake, loaf cake