There’s something about a vegan lemon loaf cake which is just beautiful. The texture, the flavour, and the intense smells are just divine!
This lemon loaf contains fresh lemon juice and lemon zest for the ultimate lemony experience and will sure to fill your house with the most divine lemon scent. Who wouldn’t want that- haha.
Why is this the best vegan lemon loaf?
- A moist cake
- Fluffy texture
- Light and delicate crumbs
- Zesty burst of flavour
- Perfectly sweet
I’ve given this loaf an upgrade from your classic lemon drizzle and instead topped it off with a whipped cream cheese frosting.
Unlike buttercream, cream cheese has a slight acidic undertone which means it’s not a sweet as buttercream and is also more creamy. It works wonders paired with this loaf.
With lemon dotted all throughout, you’ll struggle to resist having another slice!
Check out these other popular lemon recipes:
How to make this vegan lemon loaf into a lemon drizzle loaf?
To make it Lemon drizzle, mix 80g of icing sugar with a few teaspoons of lemon juice or water to create a thick paste. Pour this over the cake while it’s warm.
This is the BEST Vegan Lemon Loaf recipe! You just need to make it for yourself to find out!
Ingredients for the cake
Ingredients for the cream cheese frosting
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c and line a loaf tin with a liner or greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, water and lemon juice.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until combined, then pour evenly into the lined tin.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. You will know its done when you put a knife or skewer in and it comes out clean and it is springy to the touch.
- Place the loaf on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully before frosting.
Method (cream cheese frosting)
- Add the dairy-free butter and cream cheese into a large bowl and cream together. I use my stand mixer with the balloon whisk attachment.
- Add in the icing sugar and vanilla extract then beat together until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the frosting on top of the lemon loaf and even out with a spoon or spatula.
- Serve with a sprinkling of lemon zest (optional) Serve fresh and store in a sealed container in the fridge.
To store: Store this cake in a sealed container in the fridge, and allow to come to room temperature before enjoying. Best eaten within 3 days of making.
- Cook Time:30 minutes
- Category:Cakes and layer cakes
Keywords: vegan lemon loaf, lemon loaf, lemon cake, loaf cake