How to make the most scrumptious Biscoff banana bread, 100% vegan!
Ingredients for the loaf
- 300g of large, ripe bananas
- 100g of caster sugar
- 150ml of dairy-free milk
- 320g of self raising flour
- 6 Biscoff cookies (roughly broken)
- 20g of Biscoff spread
Ingredients for the buttercream
- 90g of dairy-free block butter
- 200g of icing sugar
- 50g of Biscoff spread
- Biscoff spread
- Biscoff cookies
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees c fan and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Peel, chop and place the bananas into a mixing bowl and mash until a paste.
- Add in the sugar, and milk. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the flour in 3 stages until fully combined.
- Fold in the broken up Biscoff cookies.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin.
- Swirl the melted Biscoff spread into the loaf. Use a toothpick or skewer to help swirl.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. After 45 minutes, add some foil on top of the banana bread to prevent it from burning.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool fully before frosting.
Method (buttercream & decoration)
- In a bowl/stand mixer, cream the butter on high until light and fluffy, then add in the icing sugar.
- Add in the Biscoff spread and whip until light and creamy. If its too thick, add a splash of dairy-free milk to loosen the mixture.
- Spread the buttercream over the top of the loaf, using a spatula or spoon to create a swirly effect.
- Melt some Biscoff spread and drizzle it over the top of the loaf and top with broken up Biscoff cookies (optional).
Store: Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Allow to come to room temperature before enjoying. Best eaten 2-3 days of making.
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Keywords: Biscoff banana bread, bread, banana bread, biscoff, biscoff spread