No-bake passionfruit cheesecake, with a buttery biscuit base and a creamy and soft passionfruit cheesecake filling topped with a passionfruit jelly and whipped cream. It’s vegan, gluten-free, easy to make and you only need need 7 ingredients.
Ingredients for the base
- 200g of plain biscuits (you can use gluten-free to make this cheesecake gluten-free)
- 100g of dairy-free butter / margarine
Ingredients for the filling
- 140g of cashew nuts*
- 340g of dairy-free cream cheese
- 50g of coconut cream
- 80g of icing sugar
- 3 passion-fruits (pulp only)
- 1/2 lime (juice only)
Ingredients for the topping
- 100ml of dairy-free double / whipping cream
- 4 passionfruits (pump only)
- Line an 8” loose base / spring-form round cake tin with grease-proof paper. Set aside.
- Add the dairy-free butter / margarine into a small saucepan, place on the hob and heat over low until fully melted. Remove from the heat and add into a medium sized, heat-proof mixing bowl.
- Add the biscuits into a blender / food processor and blend until fine. Pour the biscuit crumbs into the melted butter and stir together using a wooden spoon or spatula. It should resemble wet sand, and when you press it between your fingers, should hold its shape.
- Press the mixture into the lined tin, making sure to compact it using clean hands. The more compact it is, the less likely it will crumble. Place into the fridge whilst you make the passionfruit cheesecake filling.
Method (cheesecake filling)
- Before making this cheesecake, you’ll want to soak the cashew nuts in a bowl of warm water overnight. This will make the cashews softer and easier to blend.
- Wash the drain the cashew nuts and place them into a high speed blender along with all of the filling ingredients. Blend on high until smooth. This will take around 5 minutes. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides a few times to ensure everything gets fully blended.
- Pour the filling over the base in stages, swirling in some passionfruit pulp in-between. Tap the tin on the worktop to remove any air bubbles and to level out.
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge and allow to sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight to fully set. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s firm to the touch.
Method (whipping cream)
- Add the whipping cream into a bowl / stand mixer and whip up on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the whipping cream onto the top of the cheesecake and use a spoon to swirl it around to create texture.
- Drizzle some passionfruit seeds onto the cream and swirl around.
- Slice and enjoy!
To store: Store this cheesecake in a sealed container in the fridge. Best enjoyed within 3-4 days of making.
Cashew nuts: Make sure to soak the cashew nuts in water overnight before making the cheesecake. This will make them softer, easier for blending and will create a smoother cheesecake texture.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cheesecakes
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no-bake cheesecake, passionfruit cheesecake, no-bake vegan passionfruit cheesecake