No-Bake Vegan Passionfruit Cheesecake, with a buttery biscuit base and a creamy, soft passionfruit cheesecake filling topped with whipped cream and fresh passionfruit. It’s vegan, gluten-free, easy to make and you only need need 8 ingredients.
If you love no-bake cheesecakes, make sure to check out my Vegan No-Bake Vanilla Cheesecake.
No-Bake Vegan Passionfruit Cheesecake
This light no-bake passionfruit cheesecake is packed full of tart passionfruit flavour, all thanks to fresh and juicy passionfruit swirled throughout the cheesecake, as well as the passionfruit on top. This scrumptious summer dessert is made with dairy-free cream cheese, which makes it super light and creamy!
Summer calls for all the no-bake treats, and this cheesecake will no disappoint. Baked cheesecakes are delicious, but there is something about no-bake cheesecakes which is simply divine.
Why you’ll absolutely love this no-bake passionfruit cheesecake:
If you’re a cheesecake lover, then you’re going go go crazy for this ‘bursting with flavour’ cheesecake. There isn’t much like the tart flavour of passionfruit along with the pop of the seeds.
- It’s vegan and gluten-free.
- It can be made in under 10 minutes.
- Buttery, with a no-bake biscuit base.
- A creamy, light passionfruit cheesecake filling.
- A simple whipped cream topping.
- The passionfruit on top adds the perfect tartness to this cheesecake. It pairs perfectly with the creamy filling.
- If you don’t like the whipped topping, simply spoon on some fresh passionfruit pulp or passionfruit syrup.
- Decorate with whipped cream, or serve with vanilla ice-cream.
Tools you’ll need for this passionfruit cheesecake:
A 8” loose base cake tin : Loose base tins are the best as releasing the cheesecake when ready.
A high speed blender : I use a Kitchenaid Power Plus Blender. You’ll want a high speed blender, as this will make the filling ultra creamy.
A small saucepan : Use a small saucepan for melting the butter for the buttery biscuit base.
A food processor : To help blitz up the biscuits for the base.
Mixing bowls : I always like to have a set of mixing bowls to hand when making no-bake desserts.
Spatulas : A set of spatulas are grease for smoothing the cheesecake layer in the tin and for scraping down the sides of the blenders.
Ingredients to make a passionfruit cheesecake :
Detailed quantities and instructions in the recipe card below.
- Plain biscuits : If you’re wanting this cheesecake to be gluten-free, simply switch out the biscuits for a gluten-free biscuit.
- Dairy-free butter / margarine : Melt the butter in a saucepan before pouring over crumbled biscuits. This creates the buttery biscuit base for the cheesecake.
- Cashew nuts : The cashew nuts help to stabilise the cheesecake, and make the texture silky smooth.
- Dairy-free cream cheese : Find a good quality dairy-free cream cheese. I like using Violife Cream Cheese.
- Coconut cream : There is a simple trick for getting the coconut cream. Place a tin of full fat coconut cream in the fridge overnight. Turn the tin upside down then open. Pour out the clear liquid and only use the thick, white cream.
- Icing sugar : The addition of icing sugar helps to sweeten the filling and also balance out the tart flavour of the passionfruit.
- Passionfruit : Use fresh, ripe passion-fruits. Ripe passion-fruits will give you the best flavour.
- Lime : The addition of a squeeze of lime, brings out the flavour of the passionfruit. If you don’t have lime, lemon juice works just as well.
- Whipped cream : The whipped cream makes this cheesecake taste like a passionfruit cream dessert. Simple whip up some plain dairy-free cream, spoon it ontop of the cheesecake before serving along with some fresh passionfruit pulp and enjoy!
How to make a no-bake passionfruit cheesecake?
Thankfully this cheesecake is ridiculously quick and easy to make, with little prep time. The only waiting time is waiting for it to chill! I know you’ll want to immediately tuck in, but the chilling wait is worth it. It makes for the silkiest cheesecake imaginable.
While there are 3 layers to this cheesecake, each one is extremely simple and easy to follow.
Add biscuits into a food processor / blender, blitz into a crumb.
Add the butter into a saucepan and heat on low until melted. Pour the butter over the crumbs to mix. Pour the mixture into a lined 8” loose base cake tin.
- Cheesecake filling
Add all of the ingredients in to a high speed blender and blend until thick and creamy.
Pour on top of the buttery biscuit base and set in the fridge to chill.
- Whipped cream + passionfruit
Whip up dairy-free whipping cream in a stand mixer or with an electric whisk. Spook ontop of the set cheesecake and swirl around with a spoon to create texture.
Spoon on some fresh passionfruit, slice and serve.
No-bake passionfruit FAQ
How do I get passionfruit pulp?
Use fresh and ripe passionfruit. Slice them in half and using a spoon, scrape out the seeds and juice.
Can I make the cheesecake bigger?
Yup! Simply double up the ingredients for a larger cheesecake. If you want mini cheesecakes, use mini loose base tins, making sure the cheesecakes are fully set before removing them.
Is this cheesecake gluten-free?
It sure is! Make sure you use gluten-free biscuits. Other than that, it’s suitable for gluten-free and coeliac.
Can the cheesecake be made in advance?
It can! It can be made and stored for up to 3 days in advance.
How to store a no-bake cheesecake?
Make sure the cheesecake is in a sealed container in the fridge. Due to the cream and cream cheese, this cheesecake has to be kept chilled.
How to serve a no-bake cheesecake?
Remove from the fridge, and allow to come to room temperature for 2-4 minutes or so. Serve on a side plate, with an optional swirl of dairy-free cream and passionfruit pulp.Print