No-Bake Vegan Passionfruit Cheesecake, with a buttery biscuit base and a creamy, soft passionfruit cheesecake filling topped with whipped cream and fresh passionfruit. It’s vegan, gluten-free, easy to make and you only need need 8 ingredients.
If you love no-bake cheesecakes, make sure to check out my Vegan No-Bake Vanilla Cheesecake.
No-Bake Vegan Passionfruit Cheesecake
This light no-bake passionfruit cheesecake is packed full of tart passionfruit flavour, all thanks to fresh and juicy passionfruit swirled throughout the cheesecake, as well as the passionfruit on top. This scrumptious summer dessert is made with dairy-free cream cheese, which makes it super light and creamy!
Summer calls for all the no-bake treats, and this cheesecake will no disappoint. Baked cheesecakes are delicious, but there is something about no-bake cheesecakes which is simply divine.
Check out my no-bake and baked cheesecakes here.
Why you’ll absolutely love this no-bake passionfruit cheesecake:
If you’re a cheesecake lover, then you’re going go go crazy for this ‘bursting with flavour’ cheesecake. There isn’t much like the tart flavour of passionfruit along with the pop of the seeds.
- It’s vegan and gluten-free.
- It can be made in under 10 minutes.
- Buttery, with a no-bake biscuit base.
- A creamy, light passionfruit cheesecake filling.
- A simple whipped cream topping.
- The passionfruit on top adds the perfect tartness to this cheesecake. It pairs perfectly with the creamy filling.
- If you don’t like the whipped topping, simply spoon on some fresh passionfruit pulp or passionfruit syrup.
- Decorate with whipped cream, or serve with vanilla ice-cream.
Tools you’ll need for this passionfruit cheesecake:
A 8” loose base cake tin : Loose base tins are the best as releasing the cheesecake when ready.
A high speed blender : I use a Kitchenaid Power Plus Blender. You’ll want a high speed blender, as this will make the filling ultra creamy.
A small saucepan : Use a small saucepan for melting the butter for the buttery biscuit base.
A food processor : To help blitz up the biscuits for the base.
Mixing bowls : I always like to have a set of mixing bowls to hand when making no-bake desserts.
Spatulas : A set of spatulas are grease for smoothing the cheesecake layer in the tin and for scraping down the sides of the blenders.
Ingredients to make a passionfruit cheesecake :
Detailed quantities and instructions in the recipe card below.
- Plain biscuits : If you’re wanting this cheesecake to be gluten-free, simply switch out the biscuits for a gluten-free biscuit.
- Dairy-free butter / margarine : Melt the butter in a saucepan before pouring over crumbled biscuits. This creates the buttery biscuit base for the cheesecake.
- Cashew nuts : The cashew nuts help to stabilise the cheesecake, and make the texture silky smooth.
- Dairy-free cream cheese : Find a good quality dairy-free cream cheese. I like using Violife Cream Cheese.
- Coconut cream : There is a simple trick for getting the coconut cream. Place a tin of full fat coconut cream in the fridge overnight. Turn the tin upside down then open. Pour out the clear liquid and only use the thick, white cream.
- Icing sugar : The addition of icing sugar helps to sweeten the filling and also balance out the tart flavour of the passionfruit.
- Passionfruit : Use fresh, ripe passion-fruits. Ripe passion-fruits will give you the best flavour.
- Lime : The addition of a squeeze of lime, brings out the flavour of the passionfruit. If you don’t have lime, lemon juice works just as well.
- Whipped cream : The whipped cream makes this cheesecake taste like a passionfruit cream dessert. Simple whip up some plain dairy-free cream, spoon it ontop of the cheesecake before serving along with some fresh passionfruit pulp and enjoy!
How to make a no-bake passionfruit cheesecake?
Thankfully this cheesecake is ridiculously quick and easy to make, with little prep time. The only waiting time is waiting for it to chill! I know you’ll want to immediately tuck in, but the chilling wait is worth it. It makes for the silkiest cheesecake imaginable.
While there are 3 layers to this cheesecake, each one is extremely simple and easy to follow.
Add biscuits into a food processor / blender, blitz into a crumb.
Add the butter into a saucepan and heat on low until melted. Pour the butter over the crumbs to mix. Pour the mixture into a lined 8” loose base cake tin.
- Cheesecake filling
Add all of the ingredients in to a high speed blender and blend until thick and creamy.
Pour on top of the buttery biscuit base and set in the fridge to chill.
- Whipped cream + passionfruit
Whip up dairy-free whipping cream in a stand mixer or with an electric whisk. Spook ontop of the set cheesecake and swirl around with a spoon to create texture.
Spoon on some fresh passionfruit, slice and serve.
No-bake passionfruit FAQ
How do I get passionfruit pulp?
Use fresh and ripe passionfruit. Slice them in half and using a spoon, scrape out the seeds and juice.
Can I make the cheesecake bigger?
Yup! Simply double up the ingredients for a larger cheesecake. If you want mini cheesecakes, use mini loose base tins, making sure the cheesecakes are fully set before removing them.
Is this cheesecake gluten-free?
It sure is! Make sure you use gluten-free biscuits. Other than that, it’s suitable for gluten-free and coeliac.
Can the cheesecake be made in advance?
It can! It can be made and stored for up to 3 days in advance.
How to store a no-bake cheesecake?
Make sure the cheesecake is in a sealed container in the fridge. Due to the cream and cream cheese, this cheesecake has to be kept chilled.
How to serve a no-bake cheesecake?
Remove from the fridge, and allow to come to room temperature for 2-4 minutes or so. Serve on a side plate, with an optional swirl of dairy-free cream and passionfruit pulp.Print
No-Bake Passionfruit Cheesecake
- Total Time: Overnight
- Yield: 8–10 1x
- Diet: Vegan
No-bake passionfruit cheesecake, with a buttery biscuit base and a creamy and soft passionfruit cheesecake filling topped with a passionfruit jelly and whipped cream. It’s vegan, gluten-free, easy to make and you only need need 7 ingredients.
Ingredients for the base
- 200g of plain biscuits (you can use gluten-free to make this cheesecake gluten-free)
- 100g of dairy-free butter / margarine
Ingredients for the filling
- 140g of cashew nuts*
- 340g of dairy-free cream cheese
- 50g of coconut cream
- 80g of icing sugar
- 3 passion-fruits (pulp only)
- 1/2 lime (juice only)
Ingredients for the topping
- 100ml of dairy-free double / whipping cream
- 4 passionfruits (pump only)
- Line an 8” loose base / spring-form round cake tin with grease-proof paper. Set aside.
- Add the dairy-free butter / margarine into a small saucepan, place on the hob and heat over low until fully melted. Remove from the heat and add into a medium sized, heat-proof mixing bowl.
- Add the biscuits into a blender / food processor and blend until fine. Pour the biscuit crumbs into the melted butter and stir together using a wooden spoon or spatula. It should resemble wet sand, and when you press it between your fingers, should hold its shape.
- Press the mixture into the lined tin, making sure to compact it using clean hands. The more compact it is, the less likely it will crumble. Place into the fridge whilst you make the passionfruit cheesecake filling.
Method (cheesecake filling)
- Before making this cheesecake, you’ll want to soak the cashew nuts in a bowl of warm water overnight. This will make the cashews softer and easier to blend.
- Wash the drain the cashew nuts and place them into a high speed blender along with all of the filling ingredients. Blend on high until smooth. This will take around 5 minutes. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides a few times to ensure everything gets fully blended.
- Pour the filling over the base in stages, swirling in some passionfruit pulp in-between. Tap the tin on the worktop to remove any air bubbles and to level out.
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge and allow to sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight to fully set. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s firm to the touch.
Method (whipping cream)
- Add the whipping cream into a bowl / stand mixer and whip up on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the whipping cream onto the top of the cheesecake and use a spoon to swirl it around to create texture.
- Drizzle some passionfruit seeds onto the cream and swirl around.
- Slice and enjoy!
To store: Store this cheesecake in a sealed container in the fridge. Best enjoyed within 3-4 days of making.
Cashew nuts: Make sure to soak the cashew nuts in water overnight before making the cheesecake. This will make them softer, easier for blending and will create a smoother cheesecake texture.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cheesecakes
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no-bake cheesecake, passionfruit cheesecake, no-bake vegan passionfruit cheesecake
Honestly one of the best passionfruit cheesecakes I’ve ever tasted.
Aww, thank you so much! Really happy you enjoyed! xx