Vegan Twix Inspired Crumbl Cookies, with a thick, chewy cookie, luscious caramel and rich chocolate. Delicious and easy to make!
Ingredients for the cookie
- 115g of dairy-free butter (cubed)
- 70g of caster sugar
- 70g of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 30ml of dairy-free milk
- 210g of plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 20g of dairy-free chocolate chips
Ingredients for the caramel
Ingredients for the chocolate
- 80g of dairy-free chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan and line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Add the butter and sugars into a mixing bowl or the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Whip with a hand mixer or the stand mixer until light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and milk. Whip again until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 6 balls using spoons or an ice-cream scoop.
- Place the cookies on the lined tray (leave the dough in balls, don’t press them down!), leaving room in between as they will spread when baking.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 12-14 minutes, or until very lightly golden.
- Once baked, remove the trays from the oven, use a round cookie cutter to help shape the cookies. Use the cookie cutter to scoot the cookies into a circle.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray. While they’re cooling, make the caramel.
- You can either make your own homemade vegan caramel sauce, or use a shop bought one. My favourite is the Natures Charm Salted Caramel Sauce.
- Spoon a tablespoon of caramel on top of the cooled cookies and spread out slightly so it’s in a puddle in the middle of the cookie. To help prevent the caramel oozing everywhere, place the cookies into the freezer for 10 minutes. This will help set the caramel.
- Place the chocolate into a heat-proof bowl. Fill a small saucepan 1/4 with water and place over the hob on a low / medium heat. Place the bowl on-top to create a bain-marie. Melt the chocolate.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the chocolate on top of the caramel and spread out slightly. You want to see the caramel, so don’t spread it over the caramel layer too much.
- Place into the fridge to chill and set.
- Once set, serve and enjoy. They’re even better with a sprinkling of sea salt over the top (optional).
To store: Store the cookies in the fridge in a sealed container, and allow to come to room temperature for 5 minutes before enjoying. Best enjoyed within 3 days of making.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan twix crumbl cookies, crumbl cookies, twix cookies, vegan twix cookies