Vegan & No-Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake is made with a chocolate biscuit base, chocolate chunk cheesecake topped with salted caramel.
Ingredients for the base
- 200g of plain biscuits (you can use gluten-free to make this cheesecake gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 100g of dairy-free butter / margarine
Ingredients for the filling
- 125g of cashew nuts (see step 1 for instruction)
- 340g of dairy-free cream cheese
- 50g of coconut cream
- 80g of icing sugar
- Vegan caramel sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 250g of dairy-free whipping cream / double cream (see notes for cream recommendations)
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 batch of Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 1 Vegan Salted Caramel Galaxy Bar
- Flaked Salt (optional)
- Line an 8” loose base / spring-form round cake tin with grease-proof paper. Set aside.
- Add the dairy-free butter / margarine into a small saucepan, place on the hob and heat over low until fully melted. Remove from the heat and add into a medium sized, heat-proof mixing bowl.
- Add the biscuits and cocoa powder into a blender / food processor and blend until fine. Pour the biscuit crumbs into the melted butter and stir together using a wooden spoon or spatula. It should resemble wet sand, and when you press it between your fingers, should hold its shape.
- Press the mixture into the lined tin, making sure to compact it using clean hands. The more compact it is, the less likely it will crumble. Place into the fridge whilst you make the cheesecake filling.
Method (cheesecake filling)
- Before making this cheesecake, you’ll want to soak the cashew nuts in a bowl of warm water overnight. This will make the cashews softer and easier to blend.
- Wash the drain the cashew nuts and place them into a high speed blender along with all of the filling ingredients. Blend on high until smooth. This will take around 5 minutes. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides a few times to ensure everything gets fully blended.
- Pour the cheesecake into the tin on top of the base, use a spoon or off set spatula to level it out. Tap the tin on the worktop to remove any air bubbles and to level out. Optional: Swirl some caramel sauce into the cheesecake filling.
- Roughly chop up half of a Vegan Galaxy Salted Caramel Chocolate Bar and sprinkle over the top of the cheesecake. Use a skewer or spoon to swirl it in.
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge and allow to sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours, or preferably overnight to fully set. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s firm to the touch.
Method (optional toppings + decoration)
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the vegan whipping cream / double cream and cocoa powder, whip on high speed until thick and it holds a peak. It’s best to use an electric hand or stand mixer with balloon whisk attachment for this. Once thick, transfer into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip nozzle.
- Pour caramel over the top of the cheesecake and level out with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Pipe swirls of the chocolate cream around the top edge of the cheesecake.
- Press the left over Galaxy chocolate into the cream, then sprinkle over some flaked salt to garnish.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the cheesecake into slices, serve and enjoy. Tip: wipe the knife in between cuts, this will result in clean slices of cheesecake.
- Slice and enjoy!
To store: Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Best enjoyed within 3 days of making.
Best vegan cream? The BEST Vegan cream which holds it’s shape and is easily pipable is ‘The Coconut Collaborative Double Cream’.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: cheesecakes
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no-bake salted caramel cheesecake, no-bake cheesecake, salted caramel, no-bake desserts