Don’t know what to bake? Chocolate is always the answer!
A rich and crumbly 3 ingredient base with a delicious and easy vegan brownie filling, topped with vegan ‘Nutella’ spread and a pinch of sea salt.
This tart is a chocolate lovers dream. Cram packed with decedent chocolate and indulging flavours, this will be a dessert you’ll want to keep making ( and non-stop eating).
How do you make a brownie tart?
You’ll want to make and prepare a tart crust first.
Mix together flour, cocoa powder, maple syrup and melted coconut oil in a bowl until a dough is formed then press it into a lightly greased fluted tart tin. Bake for 8-9 minutes and remove for filling with brownie batter.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Plain and self-raising flour
- Cocoa powder
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Dairy-free milk
Extras (for topping)
- Dairy-free ice cream
- Vegan ‘Nutella’ spread
- Sea salt
I wanted this recipe to be as simple as possible so I opted for my favourite tart crust which I’ve used in a few of my vegan tart recipes. It has a crumbly texture which resembles shortbread. It’s a great optional for this easy dessert.
- TIP- This brownie tart can be topped with nuts if you’d like added crunch. I personally love it with hazelnuts- yum!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20-25
Ingredients for the base
-250g of plain flour
-30g of cocoa powder
-2 tablespoons of maple syrup
-120g of coconut oil (melted)
Ingredients for the brownie
-170g of self-raising flour
– 110g of caster sugar
-20g of cocoa powder
-Pinch of salt
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
-5 tablespoons of vegetable oil / coconut oil (melted)
-260ml of dairy-free milk
-Dairy-free ice cream
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c and lightly grease a 9inch / 23cm loose base fluted tart tin with coconut oil.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
Mix and bring together with your hands until a dough forms.
3. Press the dough into the greased tin, prick the base with a fork and pop into the oven to partially bake for 8 minutes.
Remove from the oven and set aside.
Method (brownie filling)
1. Sieve the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
2. Add the vanilla extract, oil and dairy-free milk into the dry ingredients and mix to fully combine.
Optional- Add crushed hazelnuts into the brownie batter.
3. Pour the brownie batter onto the tart crust and spread out with an offset spatula or spoon until flat.
4. Place into the middle of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
To make sure the brownie is ready, place a sharp knife or skewer into the centre until it comes out clean.
If it’s not fully baked, pop back in the oven for an extra few minutes.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes then using a sharp knife, slice and serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for an hour and then serve.
Serve with a scoop of vegan dairy-free vanilla ice cream, a sprinkle of sea salt, a drizzle of vegan-friendly Nutella spread or homemade ‘Nutella’.
Make sure you follow me on my social media
The Little Blog Of Veganⓒ All Rights Reserved. 2020