This recipe is a paid partnership with Galaxy [ad]
This delicious vegan and no-bake crisp cookies and cream base, a creamy and minty filling filled with chocolate chips topped with a layer of melted minty chocolate and chocolate shavings.
A simple yet absolutely delicious and fresh dessert for all will enjoy.
Chocolate chips mixed with peppermint flavours… some things are ‘mint’ to be – haha!
We’re coming up to the festive season and ‘all I want for Christmas are minty desserts’. Mint is a flavour I really enjoy, especially over the holidays due to the amount of ‘After Eight Mints’ my family devours- haha
I was so excited to hear that Galaxy we’re bringing out a brand new flavour in their Vegan line- Smooth mint.
When I was younger and pre-vegan, Galaxy chocolate was my absolute favourite. I always remember breaking off chunks and melting them in warm milk. I’ve since missed that….until now.
You have no idea how excited I was when Galaxy revealed their new Vegan chocolates:
- Smooth Orange
- Caramel + Sea salt
- Caramelised Hazelnut
and their brand new flavours
- Smooth Mint
- Cookie Crumble
As soon as I tried the mint chocolate, I knew I had to make the ultimate minty dessert, cue the mint chocolate cheesecake- haha!
Not only is this cheesecake packed with fresh mint, but it also has crunch from the chocolate chips and sweetness from the cookies and cream base.
Its an all-round winner if you’re looking for the MOST DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE EVER!
This heavenly cheesecake would be the perfect dessert for a special occasion or mint choc chip lovers!
Preparation time: Overnight
Chilling time: 4-6 hours (or overnight)
Ingredients for the base
-200g of oreo cookies
-60g of dairy-free butter
-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Ingredients for the filling
-220g of cashew nuts (soaked and drained)
-300g of coconut cream (the thick cream from a can of coconut milk)
-1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
-100g of Galaxy Vegan Smooth Mint Chocolate
-50g of Galaxy Vegan Smooth Mint Chocolate (for decorating)
1. Line an 8” loose base cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the cookies into a food processor/blender and whizz up until crumbly, but not too fine.
3. Place the dairy-free butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan, place on the hob and melt. Stir to combine.8
4. In a bowl, add in the crushed cookies and pour over the melted butter & coconut oil and mix until like wet sand.
5. Press the mixture into the lined cake tin, making sure to compact it in using a spoon or clean hands.
Place into the freezer whilst you make the filling.
1. Drain the cashew nuts and place them into a food processor/blender along with the coconut cream, peppermint extract and melted coconut oil.
2. Whizz up on high for around 5 minutes until smooth. Add more coconut cream if it’s too thick.
You want it to be thick, but smooth.
3. Add a drop of green food gel into the mix and blend until fully combined and the colour is even.
4. Roughly chop up the chocolate and add it into the filling. Stir together. You want to fold in the chocolate chips as blending them up will make the cheesecake brown in colour and the chocolate chips will be very fine.
5. Pour the filling into the base, level with a spoon and pop back into the freezer to set.
Allow the cheesecake to set fully.
This will take around 4-6 hours (I leave mine to set overnight).
Serve with melted Galaxy Smooth Mint Chocolate on top and decorate with chocolate shavings.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
You can store this cheesecake in the freezer, just make you defrost it fully before serving.
Check out the Galaxy Vegan Smooth Mint Chocolate here.
This is a paid collaboration with Galaxy + New Treats UK.
A huge thank you to Galaxy for collabing on this recipe with me!
Discover Galaxy + New Treats UK on social media
Galaxy Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/galaxyuk/
Galaxy Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/galaxy
New Treats UK Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/newtreatsuk/
Make sure you follow me on my social media
The Little Blog Of Veganⓒ All Rights Reserved. 2020