Happy December 1st everyone.
As it’s the first of December, I thought it was only appropriate to welcome to the festive season with these delicious gingerbread hot chocolate bombs!
Hot chocolate bombs are currently trending and I have been really enjoying making a variety of different flavours and characters including:
‘Run run as fast as you can, you can’t catch me, I’m a sinking gingerbread man’- haha!
A dairy-free chocolate sphere filled with vegan instant hot chocolate, gingerbread syrup, vegan marshmallows, a mini gingerbread man, decorated with dairy-free white chocolate, edible glitter and pink sprinkles
These Gingerbread men hot chocolate bombs are so much fun for kid’s and big kid’s (like myself) to make and decorate! Watch the gingerbread man melt and disappear as you dunk it in or pour over hot dairy-free milk.
Give it a stir, with a spoon or candy cane, and you’ll have a creamy and rich cup of gingerbread hot chocolate- Delicious!
Gingerbread men are my all-time favourite Christmas treat. I love the texture, flavours and overall spice.
Every Christmas, I go to Costa Coffee and treat myself to one of their Gingerbread Lattes (making sure its vegan friendly obviously). As we’re currently in the pandemic, I wanted to make my own gingerbread drink this year and I love how it turned out- it’s so tasty!
I find gingerbread comforting, cosy and very warming, I love it!
Looking for more Gingerbread recipes? Look no further:
- Vegan Pink Gingerbread House Cake
- Vegan Gingerbread Cream Doughnuts
- Vegan Gingerbread Macarons
- Vegan Gingerbread Maple Cake
- Vegan Gingerbread House Cake
- Vegan + No-Bake Gingerbread Truffles
- Vegan Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe is in paid partnership with Fancy Sprinkles.
To give these hot chocolate bombs extra magic and a festive touch, I added a sprinkle of the Fancy Sprinkles ‘Prism Powder‘ in silver. They have a new range of edible glitter, perfect for decorating your cakes and bakes. Check out their range here.
They also have a great range of vegan sprinkles, check them out!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 bombs
-150g of dairy-free dark chocolate
-20g of dairy-free white chocolate
-Mini gingerbread men (see TIP below)
-Dairy-free milk (enough for 4 mugs)
-Instant hot chocolate powder (make sure it’s vegan)
Method (chocolate bombs)
1. Fill a small saucepan 3/4 full with water and place onto the hob over low/ medium heat.
Finely chop the dark chocolate and place 3/4 of it into a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl on top of the saucepan and allow to melt. You’ll need the other 1/4 of the chocolate to temper it.
You’ll want to temper this chocolate. Check out this amazing tutorial on how to temper chocolate.
2. Using a food-grade brush, brush a thin layer of tempered chocolate into silicone moulds then place into the freezer for 5 minutes.
Paint a second coat of chocolate over the first, making sure it’s thick and covers any gaps or holes. Pop into the freezer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the chocolate spheres out of the moulds, they’ll be shiny and firm to touch and place them onto a clean work surface.
Fill half of the spheres with 2 teaspoons of instant hot chocolate powder, a teaspoon of gingerbread syrup, a mini gingerbread man and a small handful of mini vegan marshmallows.
4. Pipe some melted chocolate around the rim of the chocolate spheres and attach the second sphere on top, pressing together gently to seal in the fillings.
5. Melt the white chocolate (same melting and tempering method as in step 1), add it into a piping bag and pipe on 2 small dots for the eyes, a line for the mouth and a wiggly line at the top (as seen in the photos).
6. Add a dot of chocolate either side of the mouth and press on 2 pink sprinkles for cheeks (optional).
If you don’t have pink sprinkles, you can use white chocolate dyed pink.
You can decorate them with edible glitter, optional but it gives a nice, festive touch.
7. Place as much dairy-free milk into a saucepan as you like and bring to a low boil.
8. Pour the hot dairy-free milk into heatproof mugs and drop in the chocolate bomb, watch it explode with marshmallows, gingerbread flavours and hot chocolate powder.
Stir with a spoon, or go all out and use a candy cane. It adds a peppermint flavour too!
Store the chocolate bombs in the fridge.
Make sure you follow me on my social media
The Little Blog Of Veganⓒ All Rights Reserved. 2020