Simple to make yet devilishly good and VEGAN. A mix of cookies and cream with gooey peanut butter.
This tart contains 6 ingredients and can be ready in under 2 hours. If you love desserts that are extremely indulgent, you’ll love this!
A cookies and cream crust with a layer of silky smooth peanut butter with Oreo chunks, topped with a layer of rich and slightly salty chocolate ganache.
The ganache fits perfectly ontop of this tart due to it’s richness and bitterness. It complements the sweetness of the cookies and peanut butter beautifully.
With only dark chocolate and coconut cream, it’s my go-to for topping off tarts.
Where do I find coconut cream?
Coconut cream is the thick white cream that comes from a can of coconut milk.
- Chill a can of full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. This will make the milk fat separate and solidify on top.
- Use a spoon to skim the solidified coconut cream from the top of the can and place into a bowl.
- A tip would be to chill the can, and when you come to open it, turn it upside down and open it that way. This means the water should be at the top, so all you need to do is pour that away and all of the cream will be at the bottom. It’s much easier that way.
My favourite dairy-free cream for chocolate ganache:
One of my recent favourite dairy-free/vegan-friendly creams is Elmlea Plant-Based Cream Alternative.
‘This cream is a multipurpose cream alternative – you can whip it up for your vegan desserts and recipes, pour-over puddings etc.’ I love it for adding into ganache as it’s incredibly smooth and silky, which makes for a very luxurious ganache.
Check it out here.
Looking for more vegan Tart recipes? Look no further:
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking time: 8 minutes
Ingredients for the base
- 28 Oreo cookies
- 80g of dairy-free butter/margarine (melted)
Ingredients for the filling
- 250g of smooth peanut butter
- 5 Oreo cookies
Ingredients for the chocolate ganache
- 80g of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 30g of coconut cream or dairy-free cream (see above for details)
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees c and line the base of a 9″ loose base fluted tart tin with greaseproof paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse the Oreo cookies until finely ground. Add in the melted dairy-free butter/margarine and pulse again until like wet sand.
3. Press the mixture into the lined tin, on the base/bottom and up the sides.
Place into the middle of the oven and bake it for around 8 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool fully.
Method (peanut filling)
1. Place the peanut butter into a saucepan, place over low heat and stir the peanut butter to melt it slightly. You want to be very careful as peanut butter can stick to the pan and burn, causing lumps and a gritty texture.
2. Before adding ontop of the base, fold in 5 broken up Oreo cookies. Scoop ontop of the base and spread evenly with a spoon or offset spatula.
Place into the fridge whilst you make the ganache topping.
Method (chocolate ganache)
1. Using a bain-marie, fill a saucepan ¾ full with water and place a heatproof bowl on top. Add in the chocolate and dairy-free cream, melt together until smooth and combined.
2. Pour and spread the ganache all over the peanut butter layer and smooth with a spoon or pallet knife. Place into the fridge to chill until set (approximately 1-2 hours).
Decorate with a drizzle of peanut nutter, broken up Oreo cookies + crumbles and a pinch of salt (optional).
Using a knife briefly dipped into boiling water and then dried, cut and serve.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge and best eaten within a few days.
Make sure you follow me on my social media
The Little Blog Of Veganⓒ All Rights Reserved. 2020