These are THE MOST AMAZING S’mores cookies. If Subway we’re to make a vegan S’more cookie, it would be these! They have a Subway feel about them. They’re thin, crispy, with a gooey chewy centre.
A simple 6 ingredient vanilla bakery style cookie, with bits of broken up biscuits / cookies, melted chocolate chunks and toasted marshmallows.
What is a S’more?
A ‘S’mores’ is a popular dessert consisting of graham crackers (similar to a Digestive biscuit), melted chocolate and toasted marshmallows. It’s popular in America, but the whole world has come to enjoy the delight that is a S’more!
Why you NEED to make these cookies:
- They’re gooey and chewy
- Fully vegan
- They only take 10 minutes to make
- No preparation needed
- The marshmallows are gooey and melt in your mouth
- The marshmallows melt into the cookie making them extremely tasty (insert drool face emoji – haha)
These cookies are made with my absolute favourite vegan marshmallows from Dandies.
Simply fold them in to the cookie dough before baking and watch the magic happen.
They are incredible for baking as they toast perfectly! They puff up when baked and create fluffy, gooey clouds in the cookies!
Looking for more s’more recipes? Look no further:
Ingredients you need to make these cookies
- Dairy-free butter / margarine
- Caster sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Plain flour
- Bicarbonate of soda
Just add 3 ingredients to turn them into super decadent S’more cookies
- Vegan marshmallows
- Dairy-free dark chocolate
- Cookies (Graham crackers or Digestive biscuits)
Preparation: 5 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for the cookies
- 110g of dairy- free butter/margarine, softened
- 100g of caster sugar
- 50g of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 180g of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free milk
- 50g of dairy-free chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 20g of vegan marshmallows (I use Dandies)
- 2 vegan friendly digestive cookies / graham crackers
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper. Add the softened butter or margarine, caster sugar, light brown sugar and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and cream together – you can use a wooden spoon or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
2. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the butter or margarine mixture and mix together until crumbly. Add the milk and mix to create a thick cookie dough.
3. Fold in the chopped cookies, roughly chopped chocolate and marshmallows.Your cookie dough will be very thick, but sticky enough to easily roll into balls.
4. Roll into small balls of 40g each (1 heaped tablespoon), and space out evenly on the lined baking trays. Press down only slightly to flatten the tops (not too much – you still want them to be ball-like). The cookies will spread out a lot, so give them room. Before baking, press more chocolate chunks / marshmallows into the tops of the cookies.
5. Bake for 10 minutes in the centre of the oven. When they come out of the oven, the edges of the cookies will be firm, but they will still be soft in the middle. This is fine as they will firm up as they cool down and set. Leave on the tray to cool down.
Tip: To make the cookies equal-sized, place a cookie cutter of a similar size around each cookie in turn and nudge it slightly to shape it as it comes out the oven.
These are best enjoyed on the day of making. Store in a sealed container at room temperature and eat within a few days.
Follow me on my social media
The Little Blog Of Veganⓒ All Rights Reserved. 2021