A simple chocolate pastry base, roasted hazelnuts, glossy dark chocolate ganache topped with a swirl of vegan ‘Nutella’. These Vegan Nutella Tartlets are a must make!
Only 7 ingredients and and 100% vegan!
Watch me make these tartlets here.
LOVE PRALINE? THESE ARE FOR YOU!
What is Nutella?
Nutella is a chocolate & hazelnut spread. The brand ‘Nutella’ isn’t vegan as their products contain milk, but there are plenty of vegan friendly alternatives.
What vegan Nutella did i use?
My all time favourite vegan friendly hazelnuts spread is from Natures Store. It’s their hazelnut and cocoa spread.
It tastes identical to how I remember ‘Nutella’ to taste like! Its silky smooth and extremely flavoursome! The roasted nuts give a lovely flavour!
Chocolate pastry, chocolate ganache AND Vegan Nutella! I mean, what’s not to love?!
These scrumptious little desserts are crumbly, rich and creamy. They are also extremely quick & easy to make!
The crust is made with only 4 ingredients and includes flour, cocoa powder, sugar and butter.
The crust is light and crumbly and the filling is ultra rich and decadent, packed full of vegan ‘Nutella’. SO GOOD!!!
These Vegan Nutella Tartlets are the perfect way to celebrate an occasion, whether that be birthdays, Christmas, New Years etc!
Looking for more chocolate recipes? Look no further:Print
Vegan Nutella Tartlets
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This is the only Vegan Nutella tart recipe you’ll ever need! It’s made with a rich chocolate crust & a simple chocolate, Nutella filling.
Ingredients for the base
- 240g of plain flour (you can use gluten-free)
- 40g of cocoa powder
- 50g of caster sugar
- 200g of dairy-free block butter / margarine
Ingredients for the chocolate ganache
- 100g of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 100g of dairy-free cream (see notes*)
- 1 jar of vegan Nutella
- 40g of whole hazelnuts
Method (roasted hazelnuts)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees c fan and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Lay the hazelnuts on the tray, scatter them around so they are covering the tray and place into the oven to roast for 10 minutes (don’t let them burn). After 10 minutes, carefully remove the tray from the oven and place onto a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, transfer the nuts into a food processor and blitz until chopped (alternatively, you can chop them by hand with a sharp knife). Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c fan and lightly grease a 6 mini tartlet tins with coconut oil or dairy-free butter.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add in the flour, cocoa powder and sugar. Stir to combine. Add in the softened butter / margarine and using your fingertips, rub the softened butter / margarine into the flour mixture until a crumbly dough forms.
- Firmly press equal amounts of the dough into the tartlet cases / tins and use your fingers to press down the bottom and up the sides. Tip: As the dough is sticky, coat your fingers in some plain flour / cocoa before pressing it into the tin to prevent sticking. Prick the bases with a fork.
- Place into the middle of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool while you make the ganache.
- Place the dairy-free cream into a saucepan. Gently heat until it comes to a light simmer, then turn off the heat.
- Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and pour over the hot cream, stir to combine.
- Carefully pour some of the ganache into each tartlet case and spread out until even. Place immediately into the fridge/freezer to set the ganache. This will take 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the roasted hazelnuts while the ganache is still wet so that the nuts stick.
- Once the ganache has set, spoon a tablespoon of vegan ‘Nutella’ on top of each tartlet and swirl around using the back of a spoon or off set spatula.
- Decorate with more chopped hazelnuts on top.
What cream can I use? When it comes to ganache, any cream will work from coconut cream, to dairy-free single + double cream.
To store: Keep stored in a sealed container in the fridge. Best eaten within 3 days of making.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Tarts and pies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan nutella tartlets, nutella tartlets, chocolate tartlets, nutella