Vegan, no-bake, gluten-free.
A silky smooth chocolate mousse, with chocolate ganache and peanut butter, oat base.
These ‘melt in your mouth’ bars are full of flavour.
The chocolate mousse filling uses silken tofu to give it an ultra-creamy texture.
I used oats and peanut butter for the base, which makes them gluten-free, and there is no need to bake the base- yay!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Chilling time: 3-5 hours
Serves: Approximately 8
Ingredients for the base
– 100g of gluten-free oats
-100g of peanut butter (melted)
-1 tablespoon of maple syrup
Ingredients for the mousse filling
-600g of silken tofu
-300g of dairy-free chocolate
1: Line an 8” x 6” rectangular tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the oats, peanut butter and maple syrup into a bowl and mix until combined.
Add more peanut butter if needed for a sticky consistency.
3. Press the mixture into the lined tin and set it aside.
Method (mousse filling)
1. Place the chocolate into a glass bowl and place on top of a saucepan with water-filled half of the way up making a bain-marie.
Gently simmer until the chocolate has completely melted.
2. Drain the tofu and place into a high-speed blender, along with the melted chocolate and whizz up until fully combined and smooth.
3. Pour the filling directly on top of the oat base.
4. Place the tin into the fridge until firm.
This will takes 3-4 hours, I like to leave mine overnight.
You can serve it as it is, or add chocolate ganache on top for even more flavour and decadence.
5. Pour the ganache over the filling and smooth out.
6. Place the tin back into the fridge to set fully.
7 Remove from the fridge, slice into bars.
Best enjoyed chilled.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Make sure you follow me on my social media