Chocolate and Biscoff are a match made in heaven!
This chocolate cake incorporates both chocolate and Biscoff to create the richest and most indulgent cake ever, perfect to have alongside some dairy-free icecream!
3 layers of vegan chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream, Biscoff spread topped with a ‘chocolate icecream’.
A good chocolate cake is always needed for special events like:
I love chocolate cakes to be rich, full of flavour and flavourful..as well as crumbly and fudgy!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking time: 28-30 minutes
Serves: Approximately 10-12
Ingredients for the cake
-480ml of dairy-free milk
-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
-420g of self-raising flour
-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
-480g of golden caster sugar
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
-1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
-120g of coconut oil (melted)
Ingredients for the chocolate ganache
-250g of dairy-free butter
-500g of icing sugar
-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-1 tablespoon of dairy-free milk (optional)
-Icecream waffle cone
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c and line three 6 inch cake tins with grease-proof paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the almond milk with the apple cider vinegar and whisk until fully combined.
Set aside for 10 minutes to curdle. This creates a vegan ‘buttermilk’.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
Mix well to combine.
4. Add the melted coconut oil into the ‘buttermilk’ and whisk to combine.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
6. Pour equal amounts of batter into the lined cake tins.
Make sure to tap the tins on the worktop to remove any air bubbles.
7. Pop the cakes into the center of the preheated oven and bake for around 28-30 minutes.
You will know they are done when you put a knife or skewer in and it comes out clean and they are springy to the touch.
8. Place the cakes on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully.
Once cool, pop them into a sealed container to keep them fresh before frosting.
Method (chocolate buttercream)
1. In a bowl/stand mixer, cream the butter on high until light and fluffy, then add in the icing sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract.
2. Stack and fill the cakes with chocolate buttercream then crumb coat the whole cake and pop into the fridge to set. This will take 10-15 minutes.
Add a swirl of Biscoff on top of the buttercream (optional).
3. Add a layer of the chocolate buttercream and using a spoon or spatula, swirl the buttercream around to create texture.
To decorate, using an ice cream scoop, add one scoop of chocolate buttercream onto a waffle cone, turn it upside down and add ontop of the cake.
Add melted Biscoff spread around the ‘icecream’ for effect (optional).
You could use a chocolate ganache as an alternative to Biscoff spread.
Serve fresh or store in a sealed container in the fridge, the buttercream will firm up at room temperature.
Best eaten within a few days!
Make sure you follow me on my social media
My Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/thelittleblogofvegan/
OMG perfection!!!!! Just love the icecream topping.
Aw thankyou so much x
Hiya, making this for my daughters birthday. Just wondering what dairy free butter do you use in the ganache? Thanks