A nice cold glass of dairy-free milk, with a chocolate chip cookie bar sounds like perfection!
Vegan chewy chocolate chip cookie bars with a side of dairy-free chocolate ganache for dunking.
These cookie bars are extremely easy to make and taste/ look bakery-style!
Why you need to make this:
- It’s cram-packed full of chocolate chips- who doesn’t want that?!
- It’s gooey in the middle, crisp on the outside
- They’re extremely chewy
- They’re served with a chocolate ganache, great for dunking
Preparation: 5 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
- 85g of light brown sugar
- 40g of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of dairy-free milk
- 85g of dairy-free butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 160g of plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 60g of dairy-free dark chocolate chips
Ingredients for the chocolate ganache
- 100g of dairy-free cream
- 100g of dairy-free dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees c and line a 6×4 inch tin with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the light brown sugar, caster sugar, dark brown sugar, dairy-free milk, dairy-free butter and vanilla extract.
Add a splash more milk if the mixture is too thick.
3. Add in the flour, baking powder and stir to combine into a cookie dough.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Press the cookie dough into the lined tin, making sure it’s compact. Press it right into the corners of the tin. Tru not to handle it too much though, as the warmth from your hands could melt the chocolate chips.
6. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin before removing.
Leaving it to cool in the tin because the cookie is very soft when hot, it needs to set.
8. Lift the cookie from the tin, place onto a chopping board and with a sharp knife, cut into bars.
Serve with a side of chocolate ganache.
Method (chocolate ganache)
1. Place the dairy-free cream into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until boiling.
2. Carefully pour the hot cream over the chocolate, leave it for a minute then stir until smooth and glossy.
3. Pour into a small bowl or ramekin and serve alongside the cookie bars.
Make sure you follow me on my social media
The Little Blog Of Veganⓒ All Rights Reserved. 2021