Coffee and caramel is my dream combination. I love the rich flavour of coffee with the sweet, gooey caramel, it’s just divine. When paired together in a cookie, something magical happens.
These cookies remind me of my Starbucks for some reason. Well, I guess it’s because my go-to drink from there is a caramel latte, so it kind of makes sense with the coffee and caramel flavours- haha!
I’ve had this recipe stored for a while and wanted to post around Valentines but I couldn’t wait that long to share it with you all. These cookies are extremely addictive, with their chewy texture and sweetness. They’re also divine dunked into a coffee (yup, I’m one of those people who dunk already flavourful cookies into a strong coffee- haha).
Pick up these ingredients next time you pop to the shops:
- Dairy-free butter
- Caster sugar
- Instant Coffee Granules
- A tin of chickpeas in brine (water)
- Self-raising flour
- Baking Powder
- Bicarbonate of Soda
- Cocoa Powder
- Dairy-free chocolate Chips
For the gooey caramel sauce, I used my own homemade Vegan Caramel Sauce recipe, but if you wanted to, a shop-bought caramel sauce would be great, just make sure its vegan friendly.
My favourite vegan caramel sauce is Natures Charm ‘Coconut Caramel Sauce. Shop here.
Ultra-rich and gooey caramel coffee cookies with chocolate chips and a cakey texture.
If you love cookies and especially caramel, you’ll love these cookies!
This is one of those recipes which doesn’t need a big introduction or lots of writing, you just need to make a batch for yourself. The perfect cookie awaits…
Preparation: 5 minutes
Baking time: 10-12 minutes
Makes: Approx 8-10 cookies
Ingredients for the cookies
- 85g of dairy-free butter
- 100g of caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee granules + 1 tablespoon of water
- 4 tablespoons of aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 250g of self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 50g of dairy-free chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- Sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees c fan, and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a mixing bowl with a hand whisk or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the dairy-free butter and sugar together until smooth.
3. Mix together the coffee and water, then add into the mixer along with the aquafaba. Whisk for 5 minutes on high speed.
4. Sift in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and cocoa power. Mix until a dough forms.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Roll approximately 2 tablespoons (45g) of dough into balls, place onto the lined tray and press down with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly.
Repeat for all of the cookies.
7. Pop the cookies into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Once baked, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. They will be soft at first, but as they cool down, they will set and crisp off.
TIP- To serve, drizzle caramel sauce all over the cookies or dunk them in.
Store in a sealed container in / out of the fridge.
Best eaten within 3 days of making.
Make sure you follow me on my social media
The Little Blog Of Veganⓒ All Rights Reserved. 2020