Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, these ‘melt in the mouth’ cookies are absolutely delicious.
This is hands down THE BEST chocolate chip recipe I’ve ever made/tried. The flavour of these cookies is incredible, they’re extremely moorish. You won’t be able to have just one!
Get your dairy-free milk out, these cookies are in need of some serious dunking- haha!
Chocolate chip cookies are a cookie classic. There are a few secrets to the best vegan chocolate chip cookies.
- First of all, you want really delicious vegan-friendly chocolate chips. I opt for the Callebaut vegan dark chocolate chips which give the overall cookie a rich, chocolaty flavour.
- Secondly, let the dough sit in the fridge a few hours prior to baking. This allows the cookie dough to bake with a richer, sweet, chewier texture.
- Last of all, use an ice-cream scoop to get even sized cookies. Once the cookies bake, they should come out identical.
Make sure to pick up these ingredients on your next shopping trip:
- Dairy-free butter
- Caster sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Dairy-free milk
- Baking powder
- Bicarbonate of Soda
- Plain flour
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Sea salt (optional) for sprinkling
Preparation time: 1-2 hours
Makes: Approx 8-10 cookies
Baking time: 12-15 minutes
Ingredients for the cookies
- 100g of dairy-free butter/margarine
- 60g of caster sugar
- 60g of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of dairy-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 200g of plain flour
- 200g of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees c fan and line two baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add in the dairy-free butter and sugars. Cream together. I use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, but a wooden spoon will be fine.
3. Add in the vanilla extract and milk and mix to combine. The mixture may look like it’s split, but it will come together again once the dry ingredients go in.
4. Sift in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and combine until a cookie dough.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Wrap the dough in greaseproof paper and pop into the fridge for 1-2 hours. Doing this makes for a chewier cookie, which doesn’t spread as much when baking.
7. Using an icecream scoop, scoop balls of cookie dough (approximately a tablespoons about of dough) and place onto the lined tray. These cookies will spread so give them room.
8. Place into the middle of the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden in colour. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray before using a spatula to carefully transfer them to a plate.
It makes it easier to bake one tray at a time.
Before the cookies cool, you can add a sprinkling of sea salt to the tops of the cookies (this is an optional step).
Store these cookies in a sealed container in or out of the fridge.
Best eaten within 3 days of making.
Make sure you follow me on my social media
The Little Blog Of Veganⓒ All Rights Reserved. 2020