5 Ingredient No-Bake Gingerbread Truffles are sure to get you in the holiday spirit! This recipe is vegan, dairy-free, can be made gluten-free and requires no-baking!
No-Bake Gingerbread Man Truffles
The holiday season is officially here and you know what that means…. GINGERBREAD!
My gingerbread truffles are the perfect quick and easy dessert recipe to get you into the Christmas spirit. They’re creamy, lightly spiced and full of delicious flavour. They make for amazing Christmas gifts, edible treats for guests at your Christmas party or even to decorate a Christmas gingerbread cake! Something super special about these truffles, is that not only are they gingerbread flavoured, they are shaped into mini gingerbread men! How stinking adorable and chubby are they?!!!
What you need to make Gingerbread Man Truffles
- A set of electric scales
- Baking tray
- Food processor
- Measuring spoons
- Grease proof paper
- Cake pop sticks
- Heat proof bowl
How to make No-Bake Gingerbread Truffles
Here is how you make homemade gingerbread man truffles. The full recipe and written ‘step by step’ method is in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
Line a baking tray with grease proof paper. Blitz biscuits in a food processor until crumb like, then mix in the cream cheese. Mix with clean hands until it forms a dough. Roll the dough into 8 (30g balls) and 8 (20g balls). This will be for the gingerbread man ‘head and body’.
- Melt the chocolate
Melt the chocolate then dip the end of a cake pop stick in. Insert the cake pop stick through the truffles so they’re on the stick. Twist mini oreo’s in half, dip in chocolate and press onto the sides of the truffle, creating the gingerbread man shape. Freeze for 5-8 minutes. Once set, remove from the freezer and dunk each truffle in chocolate. Drip off any excess and freeze until set.
- Melt white chocolate
Melt the white chocolate, then transfer into a piping bag, snip off the tip. Decorate the truffles with the white chocolate and allow to set. Serve and enjoy.
Tips for making gingerbread man truffles
- You can use either store bought vegan gingerbread, ginger biscuits / cookies or homemade gingerbread man biscuits. I have THE BEST Vegan Gingerbread Cookie recipe in my book, click here to get your copy.
- Use a combination of dairy-free dark and white chocolate to help achieve the lighter ‘gingerbread colour’ for the chocolate.
- To ensure the truffle doesn’t fall off the stick, dip the cake pop stick in chocolate before inserting into the truffle. Same goes with the head, dip the base of it in chocolate then press onto the stick.
- Be sure to leave your cream cheese at room temperature for 5 minutes before you make the truffles. It makes the mixing process so much easier.
- You can make the truffles in advance and store in the fridge before coating in chocolate. This also improves the richness of ginger flavour.
- Be careful when melting white chocolate as it can burn very easily. Keep it stirring.
- Make sure to dip the Oreo’s in chocolate before sticking into the truffle. If you don’t, you risk them falling off when you dunk the truffle in the chocolate.
Gingerbread truffles FAQ
Is this recipe vegan?
- YES! There is no animal products in this recipe at all. I use dairy-free cream cheese and dairy-free chocolate.
How do I store gingerbread man truffles?
- Keep the truffles in the fridge, and allow to sit at room temperature for 5-8 minutes before serving. Best enjoyed within 6 days of making.
Can they be made gluten-free?
- Yes of course! To make this entire recipe gluten-free and suitable for coeliac, simply use a gluten-free ginger biscuit. You could even use some gluten-free plain biscuits and add in a dash of ground ginger as an alternative.
What dairy-free cream cheese to use?
- My favourite vegan cream cheeses are Violife, Nush, Supermarket own brand Free from Cream Cheese,
Looking for more Christmas recipes, check these out
Melting Snowman Pop Tarts (vegan)
Coconut Snowman Sheet Cake (vegan)
Reindeer Vegan Cherry Bakewell Hand Pies
How to make a Giant Vegan Mince Pie
No-Bake Vegan White Chocolate Snowman Cheesecakes
‘Super popular’ Vegan Polar Bear Cupcakes
Easy Vegan Gingerbread man Cupcakes
If you make, and love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below. Thank you & happy baking! Make sure to tag me in your photos on Instagram and Facebook!Print
No-Bake Gingerbread Truffles
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These No-Bake Gingerbread Truffles have the flavour of a gingerbread cookie and the soft texture of a truffle that melts in your mouth. They’re also shapes as mini gingerbread men, super cute and festive.
Ingredients for the truffles
- 300g of ginger biscuits
- 150g of dairy-free cream cheese
- 1 box of mini Oreos
Ingredients for the dark chocolate
- 200g of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 100g of dairy-free white chocolate
Ingredients for the white chocolate
- 100g of dairy-free white chocolate
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the ginger biscuits in a food processor and blitz until fine /crumb-like. You could crush them using a rolling pin if you don’t have an electric mixer.
- Pour them into a large mixing bowl & add in the cream cheese. Mix the cream cheese and biscuits together until fully incorporated, you can use clean hands to help combine the mixture.
- With clean hands, grab some of the dough, and roll into balls. Each truffle will require a 20g and 30g ball of the gingerbread mixture for the gingerbread man head and body.
- Place the dairy-free dark and white chocolate into a heat-proof bowl. Fill a small saucepan 1/4 with water and place over the hob on a low / medium heat. Place the bowl on-top to create a bain-marie. Melt the chocolate and allow to cool for a few minutes. Pour into a heat proof glass or jug.
- Dip the end of a cake pop stick into the chocolate and stick into the 30g sized truffles. Dip the base of the 20g ball truffle in chocolate and press next to it to create the gingerbread man ‘head and body’ shape. Watch the tutorial here.
- Twist the mini Oreo’s in half. Dip the Oreo’s in chocolate and press into the truffle creating the gingerbread man ‘arm and leg’ shape.
- Place the truffles into the freezer for 10 minutes to fully set. Once set, remove from the freezer and carefully dunk them in the melted chocolate. Make sure to coat the entire truffle in chocolate, allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the glass/jug. Repeat for all of the truffles. Transfer back into the freezer for 10 minutes to set the chocolate while you melt the white chocolate.
- Place the dairy-free white chocolate into a heat-proof bowl. Fill a small saucepan 1/4 with water and place over the hob on a low / medium heat. Place the bowl on-top to create a bain-marie. Melt the white chocolate and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the melted white chocolate into a piping bag and snip off the tip. Pipe two eyes a mouth and buttons onto the truffle, then add swirly lines to the arms and legs for the gingerbread man ‘icing decoration’. Place into the freezer for the last time for a few minutes to help set the chocolate.
- Remove from the freezer and tuck in!
To store: Store the truffles in a air tight container in the fridge. Enjoy directly from the fridge, or allow to come to room temperature for 5 minutes before eating. Best eaten within 6 days of making.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: truffles
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gingerbread, gingerbread truffles, christmas baking, no-bake desserts
These gingermen pops are adorable, fun to make and taste delish. Highly recommend.
Hello, Aw thank you so much!!! Glad you enjoyed!! xx