6 ingredient Vegan Air Fryer Cookies are crispy on the outside, soft & chewy in the middle, LOADED with chocolate chips. These delicious air fryer cookies can be ready in less than 15 minutes, start to finish! It’s the BEST recipe for bakery worthy air-fried cookies!
If you want more of THE BEST air fryer recipes, make sure to check out my Vegan Air Fryer Doughnuts!
Table of contents
- Best EVER Vegan Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ingredients you’ll need to make Air Fryer Cookies
- How to make Vegan Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Cookies FAQ
Best EVER Vegan Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
The BEST EVER Vegan Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies is an easy recipe made from scratch using simple ingredients. No chilling time or ‘hard to find’ ingredients, simply perfectly soft, chewy cookies loaded with gooey chocolate chips! NO-EGGS, NO-DAIRY, NO PROBLEM!
Thanks to the magic of the air fryer, deliciously soft, warm and crisp cookies can be yours without even turning the oven on! And while they’re perfect for small batches, you can also bake up a bunch of cookies quickly! And if you don’t have an air fryer ‘yet’, don’t worry, this recipe can be made in a normal oven, follow the exact same instructions, simply bake at 180℃ fan for 10 minutes until golden and crisp.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Air Fryer Cookies
- Plain flour : Make sure to use plain flour, not self raising for this recipe.
- Caster sugar : The sugar adds sweetness, as-well as binding the ingredients together. You can use coconut sugar or golden caster sugar if you prefer.
- Bicarbonate of soda : If you don’t have bicarbonate of soda on hand, use a teaspoon of baking powder.
- Dairy-free butter : My favourite vegan butter is Naturli Vegan Block, but you can use what ever vegan butter is available to you. Just triple check ingredients to make sure they are vegan friendly.
- Dairy-free milk : Soya, almond, oat, cashew etc will work fab for this recipe.
- Dairy-free chocolate chips : Make sure to use good quality, dairy-free / vegan chocolate chips. My favourites are Moo Free Baking Drops and Gefen Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips. TIP- If you’re unable to find chocolate chips, you can make your own by melted vegan chocolate, adding it into a piping bag, snip off the tip and pipe little chips on grease proof paper. Freeze then use in your bakes!
- Salt : To serve my cookies, I always like to finish them with a sprinkle of some flaked sea salt. This is completely optional, but I really enjoy the flavour it gives the cookies.
How to make Vegan Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
When it comes to making cookies, the quicker I can make them, the better! This recipe is SUPER EASY, and can baked in only 10 minutes!!!!!
- Line the air fryer basket
Line the base of the air fryer / basket with greaseproof paper.
- Make the cookie dough
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, folding in the chocolate chips. Scoop the cookie dough into balls and place into the air fryer.
Bake for 10 minutes at 140℃ for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and serve
Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack, then tuck in and enjoy. Perfect with a hot cup of tea / coffee!
Why bake cookies in an air fryer?
Cookies ready in only 10 minutes : Actually it’s 11 minutes, but I rounded it up to 10- haha! I’m definitely someone who can’t want 30 minutes for cookies to bake, the shorter time is PERFECT!!!
No pre-heating or oven required : The worst part about baking in the oven is waiting 10 minutes for it to pre heat! Using an air fryer skips that process completely! Smaller air fryers take around 2-3 minutes to heat up.
Great for small or single batches : Air fryer space can be limited, so it’s great for small quantities / baking a few at a time!
Air Fryer Cookies FAQ
Can cookies be baked in an air fryer?
- Absolutely! An air fryer works as a countertop oven, and bakes the cookies to perfection! It makes them super gooey and crispy – just how a choc chip cookie should be!
Can this vegan cookie recipe be made gluten-free?
- I am yet to make this recipe using gluten-free ingredients, but if any of you give it a go, definitely let me know how it goes and what you think in the comments below.
How to prevent the cookies from sticking to the air fryer?
- It’s essential to line the base / basket of the air fryer with some greaseproof paper. You can either buy special air fryer greaseproof paper, or make your own by cutting a square of the paper to size, then cut tiny holes in the paper using some scissors (see photos for reference).
What chocolate chips to use?
- To get the best flavour chocolate chip cookie, it’s best to use high quality chocolate chips. My personal favourites are the Gefen Vegan Semi sweet Chocolate Chips (I used them for this recipe). You can of course use chocolate chunks if you can’t find chocolate chips.
Are cookies better in the air fryer?
- I wouldn’t say better, but they’re definitely a faster and more efficient way of making cookies, thats for sure! They also save you money as you don’t need to turn the oven on (hence saving on electricity).
How to store air fryer cookies?
- You want to store these cookies like you would after baking in a conventional oven. Once they have cooled down to room temperature, store in a sealed container in or out of the fridge. If you store them in the fridge, allow them to come to room temperature before serving.
How long do air fryer cookies last?
- These cookies are best enjoyed with a week of making (5 days), if stored correctly in an airtight container. They are also very delicious warm, about 20 minutes after coming out of the air fryer.
Looking for more delicious recipes? Check these out:
- BEST EVER Vegan Lemon Loaf
- Gluten-free Vegan Brownies
- Easy Vegan Strawberry Danish
- Vegan Battenberg Cake
- How to make Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Vegan AirFryer Doughnuts
- Easy Vegan Lemon Tart