These Vegan Strawberry Crumbl Cookies are one of the best cookies I have EVER made. A delicious pink strawberry cookie is topped with a cream cheese and jam swirl with a slice of fresh strawberry. Vegan, no eggs, no dairy! Keep reading to learn how to make them!
What is a Crumbl cookie?
Crumbl cookies have become absolutely huge on social media from the company ‘Crumbl Cookies’. They have designed these amazing loaded, stuffed and extra cookies topped with a swirl of frosting – yum! If you don’t have a ‘Crumbl’ near you, or simply want to make your own, homemade vegan version, I have the perfect recipe for you. Check out my other ‘vegan crumbl cookie’ recipes here.
Layers of Vegan Strawberry Crumbl cookies
Cookie : The cookie is crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Whoever you serve these to won’t believe you actually made them. They taste like they have come from a bakery, they’re THAT good! You will simply have to make them to find out.
Cream swirl : The cream swirl contains vegan butter AND dairy-free cream cheese, giving the flavour of the cookies a delicious ‘strawberry shortcake’ vibe. They are truly scrumptious!
Jam swirl : Added for look and added flavour, the jam swirl completes the cookies and makes them absolutely delicious! I love how they look!!!
Ingredients you’ll need:
This recipe is super quick, easy with ingredients you might possibly already have in your kitchen / pantry! Find the full ingredients list and quantities in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Dairy-free butter – You want it soft at room temperature, this makes it easier to cream. My favourite vegan butters are ‘Naturli Vegan Block’ or ‘Flora Plant Butter’.
- Caster sugar – Use fine, white caster sugar.
- Vanilla extract – You can use a splash of vanilla or some strawberry flavouring.
- Dairy-free milk – Any dairy-free milk works for this recipe including oat, almond, soya or cashew.
- Plain flour – Use plain flour / all purpose flour.
- Baking powder + Baking soda – Helps to cookies to rise and adds a nice chew.
- Freeze dried strawberries – Adds delicious flavour without ruining the texture of the cookie. If you used strawberry jam or fresh strawberries, you risk making the cookie too moist.
- Pink food gel – Optional but it makes the cookies pink and pretty. The best vegan food gel is linked here.
- Dairy-free cream cheese – Use a good quality cream cheese, my favourite is Violife.
- Icing sugar – Make sure to sift the icing sugar before use, this will remove any lumps making for a super smooth frosting.
- Strawberry jam – Make sure to check the jam you use is vegan.
- Fresh strawberries – Added on top for decoration.
How to make Vegan Strawberry Crumbl Cookie
Find the full written recipe and method in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl, then add in the rest of the ingredients until a thick cookie dough. Scoop into balls and place on a lined baking tray, coat with sugar and bake.
- Cream swirl
Cream the vegan butter and cream cheese, then add in the rest of the ingredients. Beat until thick and creamy, transfer into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip nozzle. Pipe a swirl on top of each cookie.
- Jam swirl
Transfer some jam into a piping bag, snip off the tip and pipe some jam in between the cream swirl. Finish with a dusting of icing sugar and half a strawberry slice. Tuck in and enjoy!