This is the BEST Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie you will EVER try! A homemade flakey pie crust is filled with a silky smooth chocolate filling, topped with dairy-free whipped cream and chocolate curls. It’s a chocolate lovers dream!
The BEST Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie
I am so excited a chocolate pie is finally on The Little Blog of Vegan, it’s been a long awaited addition! Everyone should know how to make a chocolate cream pie, it’s a classic! This recipe features everything you desire in a rich chocolate dessert, paired with a buttery, flakey and melt in the mouth pastry, which is the best pastry you’ll make btw!!! Homemade pies are one of my favourite things to make, they are extremely delicious and rewarding when you take your first bite! This chocolate pie is perfect in so many ways!
If you love this recipe and want more like it, make sure to check out my vegan pie recipes here!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Vegan – No animal ingredients needed to make the best ever chocolate cream pie! Made with vegan friendly ingredients only!
- Easy to make – This recipe is super easy to make, and is great for making ahead of time!
- Homemade pastry – You can’t beat homemade pastry. The crust is buttery, flakey and truly melts in your mouth, its so good!!
- Rich in flavour – The filling is filled with dairy-free dark chocolate, which is super decadent and moreish.
- Topped with cream – The pie is finished with a mountain of dairy-free whipped cream, which helps to add to the delicious creamy flavour and texture.
Layers of a chocolate cream pie:
A chocolate cream pie consists of a few layers including a crust, filling and topping.
- Crust – The crust is a simple homemade vegan pastry which can be whipped up in minutes. You’ll only need a few ingredients and helpful tips and tricks to make the best pastry for this recipe!
- Filling – The filling is mousse like, thick and extreply silky. This is thanks to the use of silken tofu. The tofu is the star of the show for making a glossy chocolate pie filling! You’ll be hooked on how good the filling of this dessert is!!
- Whipped cream – No cream pie is complete without the cream. Pile high dairy-free whipped cream, use a spoon or spatula to swirl it around. The more the merrier i say! You want a thick and good quality cream, the best is ‘The Coconut Collaborative Double Cream’.
- Chocolate – To add some extra umph and make the dessert even more decadent, great some dairy-free chocolate over the top of the cream! I use a microplane to grate the chocolate over the top, but you can chop it using a sharp knife and sprinkle it over for a more rustic look.
Chocolate cream pie ingredients:
Here is an overview of the ingredients needed for this recipe. the full recipe and ingredients is in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Plain flour – As we’re making pastry and not something like cake or sponge which needs to rise, make sure to use plain / all purpose flour.
- Dairy-free block butter – You want the butter to be firm. Use when chilled.
- Ice water – Fill a glass with water and add in some ice cubes.
- Silken tofu – Don’t mistake the tofu for firm tofu or tofu chunks. You want to make sure you use silken tofu. This is what will give the chocolate filling an ultra silky smooth, mousse like texture.
- Caster sugar – Adds sweetness into the filling and helps with browning of the pastry.
- Dairy-free milk – You can use any dairy-free milk, including soya, almond, cashew and oat.
- Dairy-free whipping cream – Use a good quality whipping cream which holds its shape. My favourite is ‘The Coconut Collabrative Double Cream’.
- Chocolate – Melted in the chocolate filling and grated on top. Make sure the chocolate is dairy-free / vegan friendly.
How to make a Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie
You will love how simple this pie is to make, just a few layers and you’ll be a pro at making the BEST cream pie ever! Find the full recipe list, method and ingredients in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Add all the ingredients together in a blender and blitz to combine into a dough. Roll out on a floured surface until a large circle shape, lift up and lay the pastry over the dish. Crimp the edges, line with grease proof paper, foil and (baking beans, rice). Bake until golden. Allow to cool before filling.
- Chocolate pie filling
Add all the filling ingredients into a high speed blender and whizz up until thick and creamy. Pour the filling into the pie crust and level out with the back of a spoon. Allow to chill in the fridge until firm.
Add the cream into a bowl and whip to thicken. Spoon the cream on top of the pie and swirl around.
- Chocolate curls
Grate some dairy-free dark chocolate over the top of the pie before slicing and enjoying!
How to decorate a chocolate cream pie
The pie is absolutely gorgeous left on it’s own but is even more irresistible with fun toppings! Since you’re are already chopping up chocolate to make the filling, it makes sense to chop some extra to sprinkle over the top of the pie. You can use a cheese grater to also grate the chocolate over the cream. You could even drizzle some melted chocolate over the top of the whipped cream!
If you make, and love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below. Thank you & happy baking! Make sure to tag me in your photos on Instagram and Facebook! And if you want to pin this recipe for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, above or below this post, or on any of the photos. Happy baking all!Print