These Vegan Strawberry Linzer Cookies are the perfect little cookie for Valentine’s Day. They’re two toned buttery shortbread-like cookies sandwiched with strawberry jam. No-Egg, No-dairy and unbelievably easy to make! You’ll love them!
Strawberry Linzer Cookies
Linzer cookies are super popular around Valentines and Easter time, and rightfully so! The combination of the buttery cookie alongside the fruity jam can’t be beaten. This recipe is a fruity versions of my viral Vegan Nutella Linzer Cookies. With over 10 million views on Instagram, let’s just say you’re going to love them. The cookie is two toned white and pink, filled with a sweet seeded strawberry jam. Don’t they remind you of homemade Jammy Dodger’s?
Looking for more Valentines recipes, check out my Vegan Valentines Rocky Road, Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes, Single Serve Vegan Brownie and Vegan Red Velvet Sheet Cake. Find more of the BEST vegan Valentines recipes here.
Why you’ll love these cookies:
- They’re vegan – Contains NO animal derived ingredients.
- They can be made gluten-free. Simply switch to a GF flour blend.
- Super easy to make.
- A fun design, great for Valentines, Mothers Day for simply for your loved ones.
- Great for storing.
- 10 minutes to bake.
- Buttery cookie and fruity filling is a winning Combination.
- Only contains 6 ingredients.
- Great as gifts.
- Ready in under half an hour.
- Absolutely delicious.
What is a linzer cookie?
Linzer cookies are two biscuits sandwiched together with a filling. Traditionally they’re filled with apricot or strawberry jam. The ‘Linzer’ comes from a city called Linzer, in Austria. This version has been modernised, but has some of the same classic tastes and texture. These cookies have a fruity twist with delicious two toned pink biscuits. They’re shaped in to hearts using a mini heart cookie cutter and larger heart cookie cutter. They’re dreamy! Great served with a afternoon tea or coffee.
Ingredients needed for strawberry linzer cookies
These cookies are insanely easy to make, here’s what you’ll need:
- Plain / all purpose flour : You can use all purpose flour or gluten-free plain flour.
- Icing / powdered sugar : To keep the biscuits super light and buttery use powdered sugar!
- Dairy-free butter : Use vegan block butter. I recommend using Flora Plant Block, Naturli Vegan Block or Miyoko’s Vegan Butter.
- Pink food gel: Us a high pigmented ‘vegan friendly’ food gel. My go-to is Rainbow Dust Pro Jel, linked here.
- Strawberry flavour: Optional but tastes amazing!
- Dairy-free milk : You can use any dairy-free / vegan milk for this recipe including soya, almond, cashew or oat. Helps to make the cookie dough smooth.
- Strawberry jam: Uses seeded or de-seeded. Just make sure it’s suitable for vegans.
How to make Vegan Strawberry Linzer Cookies
The full written instructions and ingredient measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Hit the “jump to recipe” button at the top of this post! Here, we’ll go over a quick brief overview of the steps.
- Make the dough
Mix all of the cookie dough ingredients in a bowl. Divide the mixture in two, add pink food gel to one half of the dough. You’ll have a white and pink cookie dough.
Roll out each dough individually, to around 1 inch thick. Use a mini heart shape cookie cutter, chomp out the shapes and place the alternative colour hearts to the alternative colour dough. You’ll have two separate patterned doughs. Use a large heart shape cookie cutter to chomp out the shapes. Use the mini heart cookie cutter to chomp out the middle of only HALF the cookies.
Bake and allow to cool.
Spread the jam to one of the heart cookies then place a cookie with the heart cut out on top. Press down to stick. Serve and enjoy!!!
If you make, and love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below. Thank you & happy baking! Make sure to tag me in your photos on Instagram , TikTok and Facebook! Pin this recipe for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, above or below this post, or on any of the photos. Happy baking all!Print