The ultimate cookie dough cake!
This cookie dough cake is perfect if you can’t decide between cookies or cake for dessert.
Vegan cookie dough cake, with vanilla cake layers, cookie dough frosting, and cookie dough scoops on top.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking time: 28-30 minutes
Serves: Approximately 10-12
Ingredients for the cake
-480ml of dairy-free milk
-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
-420g of self-raising flour
-470g of golden caster sugar
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
-1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
-120g of coconut oil (melted)
Ingredients for the cookie dough
-100g of plain flour
-50g of dairy-free butter
-25g of dark sugar
-15g of caster sugar
-1 tablespoon of dairy-free cream
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-50g of dairy-free chocolate chips
TIP- Flour MUST be heat treated before use (see step 1 for details)
Ingredients for the buttercream
-210g of dairy-free butter
-500g of icing sugar
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Method (cookie dough)
1. You must heat treat the flour before use.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Spread flour evenly on a baking tray and bake for around 5-10 minutes or until the flour reaches 160f.
Allow the flour to cool fully before using it.
3. Melt the dairy-free butter and place into a large mixing bowl along with the sugars and cream together.
4 Add in the dairy-free cream and vanilla and cream together.
5. Gently fold in the flour until combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Use an icecream scoop to portion the cookie dough, or store in a bowl.
Serve room temperature or chilled.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c and line three 6 inch cake tins with grease-proof paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the dairy-free milk with the apple cider vinegar and whisk until fully combined.
Set aside for 10 minutes to curdle. This creates a vegan ‘buttermilk’.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix well to combine.
4. Add the melted coconut oil into the ‘buttermilk’ and whisk to combine.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
6. Pour equal amounts of batter into the lined cake tins.
Make sure to tap the tins on the worktop to remove any air bubbles.
7. Pop the cakes into the center of the preheated oven and bake for around 28-30 minutes. You will know they are baked when you put a knife or skewer in and it comes out clean and they are springy to the touch.
8. Place the cakes on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully.
Once cool, pop them into a sealed container to keep them fresh before frosting.
To make the buttercream
1. In a bowl/stand mixer, cream the butter on high then add in the icing sugar.
2. Crumble some cookie dough into the buttercream and fold through.
3. Stack and fill the cake with buttercream, then crumb coat the whole cake with the buttercream and pop into the fridge to set.
This will take around 1 hour.
To decorate, I added some cookie dough around the bottom of the cake, and topped the cake with cookie dough scoops and extra chocolate chips.
Serve fresh or store in a sealed container in the fridge, the buttercream will firm up at room temperature.
Make sure you follow me on my social media
I would love to see your take on my recipes. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #Blogofvegan #thelittleblogofvegan
All of my social media links are in the side bar…come and say hi!
Share and follow me for more yummy posts to come!
Looks amazing…as always🤗
Just wondering…which dairy-free cream do you use/recommend?
OHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOSH!!! I am literally drooling… man alive that looks like a lot of work! <3
Hi! How big are your cake tins?
Could you put a converter on this recipe?