Fun, crunchy and tasty are things that come to mind when I see this cake.
Party Rings were my all-time favorite biscuit growing up. Something about the crisp cookie and classic icing just takes me back!
I recently found out they are vegan friendly, so it was only right I showcase them on a sheet cake..right?!
A light and spongy vanilla sheet cake, with funfetti sprinkles and Party Rings. You just smile when you see this cake!
Are Party Rings vegan?
I am so excited to say, Fox’s Party Rings ARE VEGAN!
They’re accidentally vegan, just like Oreo’s, Lotus Biscoff, Bourbons etc.
I’m so excited to share my first Party Ring recipe, I’m sure it won’t be my last- haha!
Check out my other range of sheet cakes:
- Biscoff sheetcake
- Funfetti sheetcake
- Cookie Dough sheetcake
- Oreo sheetcake
- Bourbon sheetcake
- Chocolate Orange sheetcake
What are Party Rings?
Party Rings are colourful and crunchy plain vanilla biscuits with a crisp iced topping.
They have an iconic icing with swirls ontop. In the UK, you always see Party Rings are children’s birthdays, Discos etc!
Why I love Funfetti?
- It makes any bake fun
- It reminds me of my childhood
- I love the crunch sprinkles give desserts
- I’m sure a lot of people would associate funfetti cake with a kid’s birthday party but it’s perfect for any occasion whether your a kid or big kid- haha!
If you’re looking for the perfect cake for a birthday or special occasion, funfetti is always the perfect choice!
This cake is easy to make and perfect for sharing!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking time: 28-30 minutes
Serves: Approximately 10-12
Ingredients for the cake
-480ml of dairy-free milk
-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
-420g of self-raising flour
-200g of caster sugar
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
-1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
-120g of vegetable oil / melted coconut oil
-10 Party Ring biscuits (broken up into small pieces)
Ingredients for the buttercream
-140g of dairy-free butter
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-400g of icing sugar
-20g of vegan funfetti sprinkles
-Party Rings for decoration
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c and line a 9X13 inch deep rectangular cake pan with grease-proof paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the dairy-free milk with the apple cider vinegar and whisk until fully combined.
Set aside for 10 minutes to curdle. This creates a vegan ‘buttermilk’.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
Mix well to combine.
4. Add the oil into the ‘buttermilk’ and whisk to combine.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
6. Gently fold in the broken-up party rings,
Don’t over mix them or they will bleed their colour.
7. Pour the batter into the lined cake pan.
Make sure to tap the tin on the worktop to remove any air bubbles.
8. Place the cake into the center of the preheated oven and bake for around 28-30 minutes or until golden brown.
You will know it is done when you put a knife or skewer in and it comes out clean and it’s springy to the touch.
9. Place the cake on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully.
Once cool, pop it into a sealed container to keep fresh before frosting.
1. In a bowl/stand mixer, cream the butter on high until light and fluffy, then add in the icing sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Fold in the sprinkles.
Don’t over mix as sprinkles can bleed their colour into the buttercream.
3. Spread the frosting over the top of the cake, using a spatula or spoon to create a swirly effect.
4. Scatter sprinkles all over the top of the frosting.
5. Place Party Rings all over the top of the cake
6. Cut into squares to serve.
Serve fresh or store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Allow sitting at room temperature after removing from the fridge, then enjoy.
Best eaten within a few days!
Make sure you follow me on my social media