One bowl chocolate loaf with a 2 ingredient chocolate sauce.
Quick, easy to make and fully VEGAN! If you love chocolate, you’ll LOVE this recipe!
Loaf cakes are my favourites. They’re easy to whip up, slice and serve. No technical equipment, layering or stacking required.
I’ve been seeing a lot of people make and LOVE my Lemon Loaf recipe recently, so I thought it was time to introduce a brand new chocolate loaf! Another chocolate cake to add to my ever growing collection- haha!
What is considered to be the best chocolate cake?
- A moist cake
- Fluffy texture
- Light and delicate crumbs
- Rich chocolate flavour
- Perfectly sweet
I’ve given this loaf an extra chocolate twist with a 2 ingredient chocolate sauce.
The chocolate sauce is made by melting chocolate and oil together. Adding the oil helps make the chocolate a silky smooth texture and also adds shine.
This cake recipe is extremly easy to make and using some of my favourite ingredients like coffee.
I added in hot espresso to intensify the chocolate flavour but YOU CAN’T TASTE THE COFFEE! I know a some people don’t like baking with coffee as they’re worried the cake will taste like it, but trust me, this loaf is pure chocolate. All the coffee does is help to make the chocolate flavour richer, I don’t know why or how, but it truly works!
Looking for more chocolate recipes? Look no further:
Preparation 5 minutes
Baking time: 45-50 minutes
Ingredients for the loaf
- 70g of coconut oil (melted)
- 50ml of hot espresso
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 215ml of water
- 250g of self raising flour
- 100g of caster sugar
- 50g of dark brown sugar
- 40g of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 10g of dairy-free mini chocolate chips
Ingredients for the chocolate sauce
- 100g of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees c fan and line a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan and add it into a medium sized mixing bowl along with the hot espresso, vinegar and water. Whisk to combine.
3. Sift in the flour, sugars, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. Fold together until a smooth batter.
4. Pour the batter into the lined tin, spread out and top with some dairy-free chocolate chips (optional).
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted down the middle comes out clean.
Allow to cool before lifting out of the tin.
Chocolate sauce (method)
1. Place the dairy-free chocolate and olive oil into a small saucepan and place on the hob. Heat over low, stirring with a spatula or whisk constantly so the chocolate doesn’t burn. The melting should only take a minute or so. Make sure it doesn’t stick or burn.
2. Transfer the sauce into a heat proof jug for pouring over the loaf.
3. Drizzle the sauce over the top of the loaf and allow it to drip down the sides.
Slice the loaf with a serrated knife and enjoy.
Store this cake in a sealed container at room temperature. Best eaten within 3 days of making.
Make sure you follow me on my social media
The Little Blog Of Veganⓒ All Rights Reserved. 2021