These Nutella Puff Pastry Swirls are perfect for any party, celebration! This recipe is Vegan, Gluten-free and ONLY 2 INGREDIENT!
Why not make a batch to celebrate Veganuary? They make the most delicious quick and easy snack / breakfast!
Are you in the mood for something super quick and easy, with maximum flavour? You’re in the right place!
These vegan friendly Nutella Puff Pastry Swirls are simple and easy to make! All you’ll need is a sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry, chopped hazelnuts (optional) and the famous chocolate hazelnut spread (a vegan version, of course!).
Ingredients you’ll need to make these Nutella Puff Pastry Swirls:
2 sheets of puff pastry – I use Jus-Rol Gluten-free Puff Pastry. This pastry is AMAZING! It’s light and flakey, you wouldn’t be able to tell if vegan, let alone gluten-free as well! I highly recommend. I pick it up in Sainsbury’s.
1 jar of vegan Nutella – You are more than welcomed to make your own, homemade vegan ‘Nutella’, but for ease, I like to use Natures Store ‘Hazelnut and cocoa Spread‘. BEST VEGAN NUTELLA! It’s creamy, filled with roasted hazelnuts and has that iconic ‘Nutella’ flavour, whilst being 100% vegan and dairy-free! It’ll make these Nutella Puff Pastry Swirls irresistible.
You can find both these products in most UK supermarkets!
Top tips for making these Nutella Puff Pastry Swirls:
- Use ready to roll puff pastry, it will save you so much time!
- Roll the pastry as tight as possible. Doing this will produce gorgeous, neat swirls.
- Before rolling, brush some dairy-free milk around the edges of the pastry. This will help the pastry stick to itself, and keep in its log formation.
- If you have time, chill the dough for 5 minutes before use. This will make it easier to roll and cut, making for beautiful swirls.
- If the dough is too sticky, use some plain flour.
- To cut the dough, use string! It’s the same method I use as cutting out cinnamon rolls. It works out perfectly each time. Watch the tutorial here.
- Before baking, brush some dairy-free milk all over the swirls. This will give them a golden brown colour when baked. It also makes them a little crispier on the edges which is delicious!
Looking for more quick & easy desserts? Look no further:
How to make ‘Nutella’ Swirls (step by step):
Firstly, un-roll a sheet of vegan & gluten-free puff pastry on grease proof paper.
Spread vegan friendly ‘Nutella’ over one half of the pastry and top with a sprinkling of chopped hazelnuts (optional).
Fold the plain pastry over the ‘Nutella’ and press to stick it down.
Roll the pastry into a log. Watch the tutorial here.
Using a sharp, serrated knife dipped in flour, or string, slice the roll into little 2 inch swirls.
Place on a grease proof paper lined baking tray, and space out (as they spread).
Bake for 10-12 minutes on 220 degrees c fan.
Remove form the oven and sprinkle with icing sugar.
For more of my BEST desserts check out my:
Make sure to tag me @thelittleblogofvegan on Instagram if you make these pastry swirls / ANY of my recipes. I love seeing your bakes, it makes my day! Also make sure to PIN the photos to your favourite Pinterest boards for later! Happy Baking.Print