What makes these the BEST Vegan Nutella Muffins? Not only are they loaded with hazelnuts and chocolate, but each muffin is baked with a tall muffin top, with delicious buttery chocolate streusel. Those domed tops are studded with extra chocolate and sugar to give them a delicious crunchy crust that sets these the BEST chocolate muffins EVER!
Vegan Nutella Muffins
If you’re a ‘Nutella’ fan, you’ll go CRAZY for this recipe! This muffin recipe is based off my Lemon Drizzle Muffins. They are flavourful, moist, delicious and loaded with chocolate flavour. Oh, and they’re loaded with vegan ”Nutella”. If that doesn’t make your mouth water, keep reading!
These muffins are sure to impress with their height, texture and of course, FLAVOUR! You’ll be shocked that they’re made entirely dairy-free and eggless! Made with simple plant based / vegan ingredients that you can find in your pantry, you or who ever you make these muffins for will absolutely love them! And we can’t forget the vegan ‘Nutella’ – so good!
What makes these the BEST Nutella muffins?
I don’t throw around the term ‘best’ often because it can set a very high expectation, but with these muffins, there’s honestly no room for let down!! They’re rich, moist, decadent, nutty, and not too sweet. I could go on and on, but here are the top 5 reasons why these chocolaty ‘Nutella’ muffins are so good:
- The method: This recipe uses a couple of tips and tricks, which will allow you to make the best high top muffins each time!
- The ingredients: The ingredients for this recipe are simple, and easy to put together. Most of the ingredients can be found in your local supermarkets, or could even be in your kitchen cupboards already!
- The domed top: A muffin isn’t a muffin without a gorgeously high domed top. These muffins have just that!!
- The streusel: Before the muffins are baked, each one is topped with a generous sprinkle of chocolate streusel. While it makes the muffins look scrumptious, it also adds a crunchy top and helps with the high top.
- Nutella: This recipe uses vegan friendly ‘Nutella’ from the brand ‘Natures Store‘. It tastes identical to the original Nutella, but of course it’s free from dairy and is a cruelty-free alternative.
How to make Vegan Nutella Muffins?
You’ll be super impressed with how easy this recipe is! Muffins are amongst one of my all time favourite bakes as they ALWAYS taste amazing and impress anyone you make them for. You won’t be going to a bakery to get your muffins ever again, trust me!!
Rub together all the streusel ingredients together until crumbly. Set aside for topping off the muffins.
Whip up a batch of ‘Nutella’ muffin mixture. Add this into muffin or cupcake cases, drizzle with vegan ‘Nutella’. Before baking add a sprinkle of chocolate streusel over the top of each muffin. Place into the oven and bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Nutella filling
Core and fill each muffin with vegan ‘Nutella’. This adds extra rich, chocolaty flavour and a delicious creamy chocolate filling once you bite into the muffin.
The secret to tall muffin tops
To get the best bakery worthy muffins, these are a few simple tips and tricks you’ll want to know. First off, once the batter is mixed, allow it to rest for 1 hour at room temperature before it’s baked. During this hour is when the magic happens. Allowing the batter to rest will allow the raising agents and leaveners to to their thing!
After the hour, swirl on top some of the vegan ‘Nutella’, then sprinkle over the streusel. The streusel will not only add a delicious crunch, but it helps with the height. When the muffins bake, watch the domed tops with the streusel grow and become super tall and fluffy.
It blows my mind how GOOD these muffins are. No-one will be able to tell these are vegan, trust me!!