This is THE BEST Vegan Baked Chocolate Cheesecake recipe, with helpful tips and tricks to get you making the richest, creamiest, fudgiest and most delicious chocolate cheesecake ever! This cheesecake is vegan, gluten-free, egg-free, milk-free, easy to make and most of all, perfect for chocolate lovers.
Best vegan baked chocolate cheesecake recipe
I am so excited to finally share this recipe for THE BEST Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake ever in my opinion! It’s ultra rich, creamy and fully indulgent, whilst being perfectly sweet, mildly nutty and truly delicious. I can’t find enough words to describe how ‘out of this world good’ this cheesecake is! You just have to make it to find out for yourself, its the only way – haha! Keep reading to find out more!
The thought of a baked cheesecake as opposed to a no-bake cheesecake can sometimes feel overwhelming, but this recipe is filled with helpful tips which will guide you through the whole process. Don’t worry, you’re in safe hands with me!
Once it’s baked, you’re left with an insanely delicious and decadent cheesecake. The Oreo crust is crunchy and perfectly sweet, the filling is rich and melts in your mouth, the ganache on top is creamy and the cream stars are ultra thick, chocolatey and creamy. With each bite, you’re in chocolate heaven! Chocoholics will love this one!
Why I LOVE this cheesecake?
- The perfect combination of chocolate and nuts
- Ultra creamy
- It melts in your mouth
- SUPER easy to make
- It’s suitable for vegans
- It is perfect for any occasion needing an incredible dessert
Helpful tips and tricks to make THE BEST vegan baked Chocolate Cheesecake:
- Use a good quality cream cheese: My favourite is Violife Cream Cheese, Sainsbury’s Own Deliciously Free From Cream Cheese and ASDA Free From Soft Cream Cheese. Make sure it’s a high fat percentage.
- Use a loose base / push up cake tin: Loose based tins make removing the cheesecake from the tin after baking super easy. I have linked the exact one I used here.
- Use SILKEN tofu, NOT firm tofu: Silken tofu works well in cheesecakes as it allows it to hold it’s shape and makes for a super tasty, creamy dessert. Make sure to use drained silken tofu. Using firm tofu will make the cheesecake too dense in texture and it will affect the taste too.
- It’s essential you soak the cashew nuts before use: To get a smooth textured cheesecake, you will definitely want to soak the cashew nuts in water, then drain them before adding into the cheesecake. What this does is make the cashews soft which helps them blend easier.
- Use a very high speed blender: You’ll want to blend the cheesecake mixture as smooth as possible. It’s really useful to use a high powered blender to help get the cheesecake super smooth and grain free. I use a Kitchenaid Power Plus Blender.
- Chill the cheesecake overnight before removing from the tin: This step is essential. Allow the cheesecake to rest and chill in the tin, in the fridge overnight. This will set the cheesecake making it easy to lift out of the tin and slice into clean slices.
- Allow the cheesecake to come back up to room temperature before serving: Once baked and chilled overnight, remove the cheesecake from the tin and leave at room temperature for around 20-30 minutes before serving. This will make the cheesecake a little more creamier than served straight from the fridge.
- Heat a knife before slicing: Fill a heat proof jug with hot water, place the knife inside and allow to get hot. Wipe the knife with tea towel or sheet of kitchen paper before using.
- Pipe the cream on top of the cheesecake using a piping tip: Use a large open star tip nozzle to get a decorative border on top of the cheesecake.
Make sure to PIN the photo below to your favourite Pinterest Board.
Cheesecake with an Oreo crust
As this is a rich, luxurious and decadent cheesecake, it’s only right it has a dark crust to match. I opted for an Oreo crust. It contains crushed Oreos and melted dairy-free butter mixed together and pressed into the base of a loose base / spring form 8” tin. Make sure to line the base of it with grease-proof paper. Nothing beats an Oreo crust. In the words of Tina Turner it’s ‘SIMPLY THE BEST, better than all the rest’.
You’re more than welcome to use any of your favourite chocolate cookie / biscuit for the base.
What is the best chocolate to use?
Since chocolate is the star of the show, it’s important to get a high quality and ultra tasty chocolate. I am SUPER excited to share with you as this recipe has been made in partnership with Hu Chocolate.
If you’re on the look out for a delicious vegan chocolate, you gotta try these.
Hu make some of the most scrumptious vegan and organic chocolate, some plain and others filled with a variety of nut butters from almond, cashew and hazelnut. Just make sure not to eat them all before you make the cheesecake 🙂
For this cheesecake, I wanted to use a selection of their bars, melt and combine them together for an ultimate chocolate and nutty experience! I used a mix of the Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, Almond Butter with Crispy Quinoa, Salty Dark Chocolate and Dark Chocolate Cashew. They are PERFECT for this cheesecake and they melt beautifully.
You’re going to absolutely love baking with this chocolate. It makes this cheesecake truly irresistible!
Shop Hu Chocolate here. Use code HOLLYJADE to get 20% off on Hukitchen.com!
How to tell if your cheesecake is done baking?
There is one main tip to check the ‘done-ness’ of your cheesecake and that is to do the wiggle test. The edges of the cheesecake turn slightly golden in colour. To check the cheesecake is ready, using oven mitts, gently jiggle the cheesecake. If the cheesecake looks nearly set and only the middle of the cheesecake jiggles slightly, it’s done. If it jiggles too much / looks wet, it needs more time to bake!
Once baked, remove from the oven and place the cheesecake (still in the tin) on a wire rack to cool fully.
How to store the cheesecake overnight?
Once cool transfer the cheesecake into the fridge and allow to chill overnight. Make sure to leave the cheesecake in the tin. This will allow it hold it’s shape whilst it’s setting.