These Vegan Chocolate Bat Cookies are the perfect Halloween treat. Simple chocolate cookies with a vegan ‘nutella’ filling are made into adorable bats or halloween with icing eyes. Vegan, No-Egg, No-Dairy, super easy to make and only 6 ingredients!
Vegan Chocolate Bat Cookies
If you’re after a simple Halloween treat that is easy to make and sure to impress, this is it! Two rich and buttery chocolate cookies with a coating of crushed Oreo crumbs are then filled with a delicious cocoa and hazelnut spread before being topped with some iced googley eyes to make them super spooky for Halloween. They are great fun to make and will have everyone going back for seconds! They are great served with a glass of dairy-free milk or hot coco!
Why you’ll love these bat cookies:
- Made with simple ingredients : You possibly have all the ingredients ready to go in your kitchen / pantry.
- Vegan friendly : This recipe doesn’t use any animal derived ingredients!
- Great for kids to make and decorate.
- They’re super cute!
- They are very versatile : Fill them with whatever filling you fancy!
- They quick and easy : This recipe can be made within under an hour, start to finish!
- Features a scrumptious filling : Each bite is filled with rich, chocolate flavour!
- Delicious treat for spooky parties / gatherings.
What ingredients you’ll need:
You’ll only need a few basic baking ingredients to make these vegan chocolate bat cookies. If you don’t have them to hand, they’re easy to find in most supermarkets / grocery stores.
- Dairy-free block butter – Make sure to use vegan block butter which is cold / been chilling in the fridge.
- Caster sugar – Use a fine, white sugar for this recipe.
- All purpose / plain flour.
- Ice-water – Cold water with some ice-cubes inside. Use a teaspoon at a time to get the dough to the perfect consistency.
- Cocoa powder – The darker the better chocolaty flavour!
- Oreo cookies – Regular Oreo’s work fine, I wouldn’t suggest double stuffed, a flavour or golden.
- Vegan Nutella – The vegan friendly Nutella alternative I use is the Natures Store Hazelnut and cocoa spread. Alot of brands now have their own range of ‘Nutella’. Always make sure the products you’re using are vegan!
- Candy eyes – I make my own using icing sugar and aquafaba (chickpea brine), along with some black food gel.
How to make Vegan Chocolate Bat Cookies:
Take a look at the basic steps to make these easy and utterly delicious cookies. You’ll find the full instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Mix together all the ingredients until a dough forms. Wrap in grease proof paper and chill in the fridge. Roll out between two sheets of grease proof paper and chomp out the shapes using a bat cookie cutter.
- Oreo crumbs
Blitz the Oreo’s in a blender then press into the cookie bats. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, allow to cool fully.
Transfer the vegan ‘Nutella’ into a piping bag and snip off the tip. Pipe a swirl of the spread to half of the cookies then press a cookie on top making a sandwich.
Use a dot of the vegan ‘Nutella’ and stick on the candy eyes.
- Tuck in!
Serve and enjoy! Delicious with a hot coco or tea / coffee.
Looking for more spooky bakes? Check these out:
- Vegan Triple Chocolate Ghost Brownies
- Vegan Halloween Cookie Cake
- No-Bake Jack Skellington Truffles
- Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts