Biscoff lovers unite, with this utterly divine and ultra-tasty dessert.
A chocolaty crust, a layer of cookie butter with a chocolate mousse, chocolate ganache topped with cookie crumbles and cookie butter stars!
This is one decadent dessert!
Preparation: 4-6 hours (or overnight)
Baking time: 9-10 minutes
Ingredients for the base
-250g of plain flour (You can use gluten-free)
-4 teaspoons of maple syrup
-120g of coconut oil (melted)
-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
Ingredients for the Filling
-400g of silken tofu
-100g of dairy-free dark chocolate (melted)
Ingredients for the chocolate ganache
-1 can of coconut milk (cream only)
-150g of dairy-free dark chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c and lightly grease a 23cm loose base fluted tart tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, coconut oil, maple syrup and cocoa powder.
Mix and bring together with your hands until a dough forms.
3. Press the dough into the greased tin, prick the base with a fork and pop into the oven to bake for 9-10 minutes, until golden in color.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before filling.
1. Drain the tofu and place it into a blender along with melted dark chocolate.
2. Blend until fully combined and creamy.
This will take around 5 minutes oh high speed.
3. Spread Biscoff spread over the crust (optional), and pour the filling into the cooled down tart crust and smooth out with a spoon or spatula.
4. Pop the tart into the fridge for around 4-6 hours or until set.
I like to leave mine in the fridge overnight to set fully.
To make the chocolate ganache
1. Scoop out the solid cream from the cans of coconut milk and place it into a saucepan.
Gently heat until it comes to a light simmer then turn off the heat.
2. Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and pour over the hot cream, stir to combine.
3. Pour the ganache over the filling and smooth out.
4. Place the tart back into the fridge to set fully.
I served my tart with crushed Biscoff cookies, Biscoff spread mixed with coconut cream for the creamy stars.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge and best eaten within a few days.
Make sure you follow me on my social media