A No-Bake Vegan ‘Twix’ cheesecake. A buttery biscuit base, with layers of delicious and silky smooth cheesecake filling, caramel sauce, topped with a glossy chocolate ganache, homemade ‘Twix’ bars and shortbread crumbles.
Cheesecakes have quickly become some of my most popular recipes on my website, including my loved Vegan Biscoff Cheesecake. With the insane popularity of it, I had an idea of a Twix Cheesecake. Layers of swirly caramel sauce, biscuits and chocolate. It’s one of those cheesecakes which I know everyone will love.
What is a Twix?
For those who don’t know what a Twix bar is, it’s a popular candy bar consisting of a shortbread / biscuit base, thick and chewy caramel coated in chocolate. The classic ‘Twix bar’ isn’t vegan, so I have created a vegan version, which is the star of this cheesecake!
My Twix Bars inspired me to create an over the top Twix inspired cheesecake!
- Twix starts with a cookie base, so I used plain digestives for the base.
- Secondly, caramel. Caramel is a key element of a Twix. The cheesecake filling is light, creamy and extremely delicious with ripples of caramel sauce swirled throughout! You can make your own vegan caramel sauce, click here. I opted to use Natures Charm Salted Caramel Sauce which is convenient to make, gooey and is perfect in this recipe!
- Lastly, you can’t forget the chocolate. I topped off this cheesecake with my favourite 2 ingredient chocolate ganache. I also added on some of my Homemade Vegan Twix Bars on top.
Looking for more No-Bake Cheesecakes? Look no further:
Cashew nuts- The cashew nuts need to be soaked overnight in water. Just make sure the water is covering the nuts! This makes them softer, which creates a grain-free and smooth cheesecake filling.
Cream cheese- To be honest, any dairy-free cream cheese will work perfectly in this recipe. My favourites to use are: ‘Violife cream original’, Sainsbury’s own Free From cream cheese’. Any soft, and creamy cream cheese is great!
Coconut cream- Chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight, turn it upside down and open. Pour out the liquid and use the thick, white cream.
Chilling time: Overnight
Ingredients for the base
- 250g of plain biscuits (I use vegan friendly Digestives)
- 120g of dairy-free butter/ margarine
Ingredients for the filling
- 300g of cashew nuts (see notes*)
- 500g of dairy-free cream cheese (see notes*)
- 100g of icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 150g of coconut cream (see notes*)
- 100g of caramel sauce (see notes*)
Ingredients for the chocolate ganache
- 80g of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 80ml of dairy-free cream (simple, double or coconut cream)
1. Line an 8” loose base/push up cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the biscuits into a food processor/blender and whizz up until crumbly, but not too fine.
3. Melt the dairy-free butter/margarine in a small saucepan over the hob.
4. In a bowl, add in the crushed biscuits and pour over the melted butter and mix until like wet sand. You want it to hold its shape.
Press the mixture into the lined cake tin, making sure to compact it in using a spoon or clean hands. The more compact it is, the less likely it will crumble.
Place into the freezer whilst you make the filling.
Method (cheesecake filling)
1. Drain the cashew nuts from the water and place them into a food processor/blender along with the dairy-free cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and coconut cream. Whizz up on high speed for around 5 minutes until smooth. Add some more coconut cream if needed.
I use a ‘Kitchenaid Powerplus blender’. It’s best to use a high-speed blender if possible as the mixture is quite thick, and you want it as smooth as possible.
You might need to stop the mixer and scrape down the sides a few times to make sure everything is incorporated.
2. Spread a thin layer of the cheesecake filling over the base, drizzle over 2 heaped tablespoons of caramel sauce, swirl around then crumble over a vegan Twix bar. Repeat the layers until you’ve used up all the cheesecake filling and have swirled caramel sauce through each layer. Level the top off with a spoon or palette knife.
Place the cheesecake in the fridge to set. Allow the cheesecake to set fully before removing from the cake tin. This will take around 4-6 hours (I leave mine to set overnight).
Method (chocolate ganache)
1. Place the dairy-free cream into a saucepan. Gently heat until it comes to a light simmer then turn off the heat.
2. Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and pour over the hot cream, stir to combine.
3. Spread the ganache over the top of the cheesecake. Place immediately into the fridge to set the ganache. This will take 15 minutes.
Decorate by crumbling some of the homemade Twix Bars around the top edge of the cheesecake. Slice 3 – 4 Twix Bars in half and place on top of the cheesecake.
As this cheesecake contains cream cheese, it’s best stored in a sealed container in the fridge. Best enjoyed within a few days of making.
Make sure you follow me on my social media
The Little Blog Of Veganⓒ All Rights Reserved. 2021