When you can’t decide which flavour of ice cream to go for, why not combine and have three flavours all in one scoop?! Chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice-cream have combined in to this delicious and creamy Vegan Neapolitan Ice-cream, which tastes minutes to make and is no churn!
Vegan Neapolitan Ice-Cream
Neapolitan is such a classic! It’s chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice-cream all in one, so you’re getting all three flavours in one mouthful, dreamy right?! It’s fun to make, gorgeous to look at and will make you want a second scoop. You’ll love this quick and easy no churn ice-cream recipe!
What is Neapolitan ice-cream?
Neapolitan Ice-cream is said to have originated from the city of Naples in Italy. Neapolitan ice-cream, also called ‘Harlequin ice-cream’, is a unique and one of kind ice-cream composed of three separate flavours arranged side by side in the same container, usually without packaging in between – Wikipedia.
It mixes the richness of chocolate, sweetness of strawberry and freshness of vanilla all in one scoop. Pretty awesome aye?
If Neapolitan isn’t your kinda thing, make sure to check out my Vegan Chocolate Fudge Ice-cream. This recipe has had some amazing feedback. It’s a perfect summer treat!
How to make Neapolitan ice-cream?
- I whip up the cream, condensed milk and vanilla together until thick. This is the base of the ice-cream.
- I like to weigh out the ice-cream and equally divide it into three bowls. Doing this makes for the perfect Neapolitan.
- Add in the different flavours into each bowl.
- I pour the ice-creams into the chosen dish or tin and freeze them for up to 8 hours or overnight.
- When it’s ready, I serve a scoop or two, containing each flavour into a bowl or ice-cream cone. You can use store bought vegan friendly ice-cream cones.
- Do not mix the ice-creams together other wise, whilst it’s still delicious, it will take away the distinct colours and will simply blend into one colour (which isn’t what Neapolitan ice-cream is known for).
What you need to make vegan Neapolitan ice-cream:
This is vegan, gluten-free and no-churn recipe. All you need is a dairy-free whipping cream / double cream, vegan sweetened condensed milk, a vanilla pod or vanilla extract / vanilla bean paste, strawberry flavouring, pink food gel and cocoa powder.
You’ll also need a few tools such as:
In order to create the divisions in your dish, use some cardboard covered in foil. Make sure they fit snug in the tin before pouring the ice-cream in. If they’re loose, the ice-cream could leak into the other ice-cream flavours.
What to serve Neapolitan ice-cream with?
I have listed a few of my favourite ice-cream toppings which really compliment this ice-cream and the flavours:
- Dairy-free chocolate sauce
- Fresh strawberries
- Freeze dried strawberries
- Grated dairy-free white chocolate
- Grated dairy-free dark chocolate
- Melted biscoff spread
- Vegan caramel sauce