These Vegan Blueberry Crumbl Cookies are one of the best cookies I have EVER made. There.. I said it! I actually can’t believe this is my own recipe and not one from a high end bakery- haha!
This recipe has been made in collaboration with Koro UK. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. (For more information along with affiliated links, check out my disclosure policy.)
Vegan Blueberry Crumbl Cookies
Have you ever wanted a blueberry cheesecake but not wanted to make a whole cheesecake? I have the perfect recipe which you’ll go crazy for. These Vegan Blueberry Crumbl Cookies are buttery, crumbly and delicious. A ‘crisp on the outside and soft on the inside’ bakery style cookie with homemade blueberry compote, a cream cheese frosting and crumble, they’re simply irresistible.
What is a Crumbl Cookie?
Crumbl cookies have become absolutely huge on social media from the company ‘Crumbl Cookies’. They have designed these amazing loaded, stuffed and extra cookies topped with a swirl of frosting – yum! If you don’t have a ‘Crumbl’ near you, or simply want to make your own, homemade vegan version, I have the perfect recipe for you.
Why do I love these Vegan Blueberry Crumbl Cookies so much?
- They’re 100% vegan.
- They are super quick and easy to make.
- Contains real, fresh blueberries.
- Melt in your mouth.
- Cookies are crispy but soft and chewy.
- Homemade crumble adds more texture and added flavour.
- Deliciously sweet from the blueberries.
- The cream cheese frosting is delicious.
Layers of a Blueberry Crumbl Cookie
The cookie is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Whoever you serve these to won’t believe you actually made them. They taste like they have come from a bakery, they’re THAT good! You will simply have to make them to find out!
The blueberry flavour in the cookie comes from a quick and easy blueberry compote. I wanted the flavour of the blueberries to be as sweet, and juicy as possible, so I made a simply blueberry compote and added it into the cookie dough before baking and on-top of the frosting. It makes for the ultimate blueberry cookie!
Cream Cheese Frosting:
You can’t have blueberries without cream cheese, right?!!. I decorated the blueberry crumbl cookies with a generous swirl of vegan cream cheese frosting. To give the frosting an incredible vanilla flavour, I used the Koro Vanilla Bean Pods. These pods are my all time favourites. Koro are an amazing online store where you can find the most incredible range of foodie products including nuts, beans, chocolate, vanilla and more! Check out their website here, and make sure to use code HOLLY10 for 10% off at the checkout!
The crumble addition to the cookies was a last minute idea, but WOW… I’m so glad I did it! The crumble really brings the flavour and texture of the cookie all together. The crumble adds a buttery flavour, while also melting in your mouth. Definitely add it on top!
Tools you’ll need to make these cookies
- A stand mixer or an electric mixer : This is very important for this recipe. This is because you will need the high speed of an electric mixer to whip up air into the cream cheese frosting and also for making the smooth cookie dough. You can make the cookie dough by hand, but when it comes to the frosting, a stand mixer or electric hand whisk is a must. I found it never yields the same result.
- Grease proof paper : If you watch my Instagram and TikToks, you’ll know I use grease proof paper (aka parchment paper) for every single recipe. It helps prevent sticking and is just a must have when it comes to baking cakes, cookie and more.
- Scales : It goes without saying, you will NEVER get a good result if you ‘wing it’ with vegan baking, or any baking in fact. I measure in grams as it is the most accurate way of measuring the mixture and ingredients for baked goods. If you are looking to get serious about baking and want to create outstanding bakes each and every time, I highly recommend investing in a set of kitchen scales! You can find the exact scales I use, linked here.
- Ice-cream scoop : I like to get my cookies equal size, so I like to use an ice-cream scoop to measure out my dough balls. Alternatively, a set of spoons will work perfectly, it just wont give you the classic ‘cookie dough ball’ look and the baked cookie may look a little less round.
- A round cookie cutter : There is a simple trick to getting your cookies perfectly round and that is a round cookie cutter. Make sure the cookie cutter is larger than your desired size cookie. When the cookie comes out of the oven, place the cookie cutter over the cookie and scoot it around, making it into a perfect round shape.
If you make, and love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below. It would mean so much, thank you & happy baking!Print